Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well installed my blade today to see how it works. I've only had a winch on an old Kawasaki mule I had 5 years ago. So I don't have much experience with winches. Sloan Equipment installed a switch on the brush guard to operate the winch, is this normal, also it has the remote inside of vehicle. I know the outside switch works great in hooking up the blade. I chose the connection using the 2" receiver. I can install this blade in 10 minutes tops. My kubota with the boss vplow took me about 45 -60 minutes to install. Boss was too heavy to maneuver I guess for me.

At this time the blade left to right movement is manual, the hydraulic actuator is on order and supposedly will receive it by the middle of Nov.

With the Kubota X900 I left the blade on all winter, with this system I will just put it on when needed. This will be nice.

Just a mention about the 835M, I can't believe how nice the heater is in this Gator.

Bill

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Nice setup ! The switch on the brush guard maybe handy, although I would prefer to have a tethered switch. The tether would help keep your hands and body away from the winch and it would provide greater flexibility when working alone.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have a remote that can extend outside of the cab. I didn't even know the winch can freewheel if you turn the knob on the end of the winch, shows how much I know about winches. Only will be using the winch for snow anyway. Don't think I will go anywhere to get stuck.

Bill

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
:dunno:just wonndering if ur mud flaps came for the gator yet? where did u find them at? have been waiting to see what u get, as if they work to keep the mud off the rear of cab--i'll be next for a set of them.

and yelp---i totally agree the heater works wonderfully in mine too. ask Charley boy --cause i have to wear a glove on most days now--cause he just insists the window is down, while we ride around the back roads here. at least yesterday in the pickup-while it was pouring the rain, i was able to keep it wound up.

:greencart:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts