Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,844 Posts
Congratulations Mike.:thumbup1gif:
Why not add your location to your profile?

Reactions: farmmike

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Congrats on the new truck.

Already working and dirty! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
:congrats: Nice looking truck. I've been watching the new Ram 1500 diesel too, just haven't decided I "need" one yet. Good Luck with it and let us know how it is runs.

Reactions: 636mullet

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,844 Posts
mainly cause i got busy and forgot! lol will take care of shortly
Thanks, It helps us in replies to your posts.
New Truck and from Texas........................What's not to like.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Mike - What's up? Are you ANTI-SOCIAL? Just a 2-door pickup! Three person cab? You don't want to haul your wife, three kids, two dogs, the family goat, and the oldest boy's 4-H club calf everywhere you go? INSIDE the truck cab!

If so, You sound like ME! Even when I drove over-the-road 2500-3000+ miles a week I drove a short nose conventional cab tractor with no sleeper bunk! Less space to accumulate junk and have to clean!

SON got a new '14 Ram 2500 4wd CTD back on 12-29-14. Has about 7200 miles on it now. It's been TOTALLY trouble free. It impresses him, AND ME, more all the time. 4-door truck, short box, but has the gooseneck/5th wheel prep package installed. He's looking for a toy hauler.

I kinda suggested he buy a Ram. I've had my '96 PowerStroke since new, over 19 years & 300,000 miles, had 2 F-150's before that for 16 years and 200,000 miles. Son had two F-150's over 15 years and 175,000+ miles. The RAM is the only new diesel pickup to buy today. Best pricing, best mpg, best towing performance, best reliability.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mike - What's up? Are you ANTI-SOCIAL? Just a 2-door pickup! Three person cab? You don't want to haul your wife, three kids, two dogs, the family goat, and the oldest boy's 4-H club calf everywhere you go? INSIDE the truck cab!

If so, You sound like ME! Even when I drove over-the-road 2500-3000+ miles a week I drove a short nose conventional cab tractor with no sleeper bunk! Less space to accumulate junk and have to clean!

SON got a new '14 Ram 2500 4wd CTD back on 12-29-14. Has about 7200 miles on it now. It's been TOTALLY trouble free. It impresses him, AND ME, more all the time. 4-door truck, short box, but has the gooseneck/5th wheel prep package installed. He's looking for a toy hauler.

I kinda suggested he buy a Ram. I've had my '96 PowerStroke since new, over 19 years & 300,000 miles, had 2 F-150's before that for 16 years and 200,000 miles. Son had two F-150's over 15 years and 175,000+ miles. The RAM is the only new diesel pickup to buy today. Best pricing, best mpg, best towing performance, best reliability.
Unless you're too tall for the cab and hit you head when trying to sit in it... Can't even think about a new RAM due to them lowering the roofs in order to increase MPG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unless you're too tall for the cab and hit you head when trying to sit in it... Can't even think about a new RAM due to them lowering the roofs in order to increase MPG.

lol, glad that will never be an issue for me. at 5'-8" i almost want a cushion to sit on lol

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,844 Posts
lol, glad that will never be an issue for me. at 5'-8" i almost want a cushion to sit on lol
:lol::lol:
At one time I was 5" 8", now I'm just under 5' 7".

·
Old Pa-pa
11,844 Posts
just wanted to show off my first ever diesel truck. man what a workhorse! does everything i ask of it, and got 17.6 MPG on first tank combined city, highway and hauling. am being told mileage and performance will only get better from here.

Mike
Dually to boot, nice looking truck.:good2:
Driving a Ford now, but drove my old Dodge Ram quad cab for 15 years before.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
754 Posts

Hmmmm SON is 6 ft, maybe 6-1. Wears a seed corn or ball cap all the time and he's not even close to touching the roof. I'm 5-9 to 5-10, I'm no where close to the roof.

Making trucks more streamlined, lighter, better able to get more MPG isn't a bad thing, but if I was 6-5 I would probably want them to reduce wind resistance some other way.

·
Premium Member
14,913 Posts
Nice looking Ram .

Reactions: farmmike

·
Registered
12,091 Posts
So, what's your point? :lolol:
Long arms, I don't know. You have to admit, you are good at slinging it.

I figure though if you are good at something, go for it. :laugh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmmm SON is 6 ft, maybe 6-1. Wears a seed corn or ball cap all the time and he's not even close to touching the roof. I'm 5-9 to 5-10, I'm no where close to the roof.

Making trucks more streamlined, lighter, better able to get more MPG isn't a bad thing, but if I was 6-5 I would probably want them to reduce wind resistance some other way.
loving the mileage. on 4th tank and still getting better. 17.8 MPG with combined driving.

·
Registered
747 Posts
<SIGH> I used to see mileage like that on my old 2003 Dodge Diesel 6spd dually. Then we sold our big trailer and "upgraded" to a 2006 2500 short box. I now see 14-15mpg and it doesn't even have any emissions stuff on it. It goes in for a trans rebuild this week and its getting a shift kit and tighter convertor so we will see what that does for the MPG.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts