Green Tractor Talk banner

First look. New Gator

7K views 35 replies 19 participants last post by  mark02tj 
#1 ·
Got my first look at the new 835 Gator. Factory cab, heat and air.
https://images.platforum.cloud/uploads/20171230/eb894a2b6e3d89ce04acecf4bef95dea.jpg[/IMG
Foot print is same as 825i. The evap and air box takes up the underhood area so the trunk is now under the passenger seat. Shifter is on dash just like the xuv 550/560/590. Frees up space to seat 3. Engine has been moved to the rear slightly. Makes oil filter change a breeze. Instrument cluster is above steering wheel just like in a car or truck. All the wiring for accessories is already in place minus any switches. Prewired for winch, lights, radio. Ect..

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
that thing sure looks nice.:lovetongue::lovetongue::lovetongue:

first thing to all that lovey additions is oh--i want a 10 warranty:laugh:

#6 ·
no name on it yet.....................................

salesman told me a cool $24,000 will get u one loaded-out the door. the dealer was promised one in November, but has yet to receive one.

wife said no gizmo2:cray::cry:

#7 ·
no name on it yet.....................................

salesman told me a cool $24,000 will get u one loaded-out the door. the dealer was promised one in November, but has yet to receive one.

wife said no gizmo2:cray::cry:
Say what? Thought it was a done deal.

#3 ·
That is one nice gator. I have been trying to talk my wife into one of these but she gives me that look every time I mention it, :nunu: On a positive note she did say that we could really use a 590 with power steering. The 550 S4 is a workout when getting around in tight places

#4 ·
The trick is to constantly keep showing her pictures of different ones. Eventually she’ll say that she doesn’t really care what you get and to just get something already. Then it’s the free pass to get whatever you want

Brett

#8 ·
Got my first look at the new 835 Gator. Factory cab, heat and air.
Foot print is same as 825i. The evap and air box takes up the underhood area so the trunk is now under the passenger seat. Shifter is on dash just like the xuv 550/560/590. Frees up space to seat 3. Engine has been moved to the rear slightly. Makes oil filter change a breeze. Instrument cluster is above steering wheel just like in a car or truck. All the wiring for accessories is already in place minus any switches. Prewired for winch, lights, radio. Ect..

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Wow, that's a great looking all, weather machine. Makes my Mule look spartan. The MSRP is $21.5 and it actually still needs some dealer or aftermarket accessories to be work and fun ready. The 335R is $23.5 and has some features preinstalled that make it worthy of a second look. Either way it could be money well spent in many parts of the country. We love cruising the country roads but eat lots of dirt without a full cab.

I recently got the go ahead to set a second SxS and will stop by the dealer if for know other reason than to dream.

#9 ·
I know we bleed green here but our kubota rtv with factory cab is the cats meow. Heater warms up quick just as the ac cools it down. Hydro tranny is smooth and no belt worries and the diesel has tons of grunt. Easily moves trailers all over at idle. If Deere had made its own version I would’ve gotten it but the diesel and hst is the biggest selling feature for us.

Brett

#14 ·
$27K? :eek:hmy:

That's Gizmo money territory. :gizmo:

I would buy a beater with working heat and air for a whole lot less. I mean the footprint of these things isn't that much smaller than a Jeep or a compact pickup. And they certainly aren't up to the same build standards as a road going vehicle.

I can see a certain market for these, but not a big one.

#18 ·
Jeeps are pretty nice. Lots of aftermarket parts available too. Heck there's even a club or two an even a forum! :laugh:

#19 ·
I like Jeeps but in my opinion they quit making Jeeps when they quit making CJ-5's. Love to have a Gator but for that price it's not going to happen.

#20 ·
I like Jeeps but in my opinion they quit making Jeeps when they quit making CJ-5's.
Same thing could be said of Mustangs.... or any other vehicle. :mocking:

At the end of the day, the Gator is pretty nice and obviously has a market share somewhere, just not with the vast majority of us. The price point puts it in a different class of vehicles IMHO.

#27 ·
I'd definately buy an orange one if i were gonna go that price point.
I've never seen an orange one get the rental company job site roll off shuffle and exchanged with another one.
Can't say that for the green ones unfortunately.:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.