Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Mowed for the first time yesterday with the X390. LOVE the new 48" Deck. Mulch Kit is outstanding. I'll never go without power steering again.
sorry bro but ur x390 is far to advance for us vintage guys. wrong forum but glad u enjoyed ur mow.
used to be when you had a jd people new you had something great now every1 think u just got it from lowes:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
You wouldn't think power steering would be a big deal on a mower but once you try it you wonder why didn't do this long time ago.

·
Registered
180 Posts
sorry bro but ur x390 is far to advance for us vintage guys. wrong forum but glad u enjoyed ur mow.
used to be when you had a jd people new you had something great now every1 think u just got it from lowes:flag_of_truce:
I don't believe that anyone thinks that I got mine from Lowe's. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Mowed for the first time yesterday with the X390. LOVE the new 48" Deck. Mulch Kit is outstanding. I'll never go without power steering again.
Yep, power steering is one of the best and, I think, most underrated features of some tractors. Enjoy the X390, take care of it and it should last you for years to come!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, power steering is one of the best and, I think, most underrated features of some tractors. Enjoy the X390, take care of it and it should last you for years to come!

Thank you. I will. :good2:

I do understand comments like the person earlier though. I had a LX 277 for around 900hrs over 15 years. Had a painted frame, K61 transaxle, and was a tank. With the need to cut down my mowing time I needed a bigger deck. You really almost have to step up to an X500 series for the same transaxle these days. Although the K62 is more robust than a K58 HD. I just could not see the extra $2,000 for it. I have a great dealer, and got a great price before the $500 off on this one. The X390 has the 1" axels on the HD K58. I don't till, snow blow, or plow. It's true that these forums can be tough at times on the people with the New (Non Lowes) Deere's. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. :desert:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update.

4th mow yesterday. I absolutely love the cut from this 48" Accel deck. With the Mulch Control gate open it still shoots the clipping a good distance. In mulching mode, IMO, it does a better job than the Freedom 42" I was using on the LX277. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

Did the lawn today after work. Was just thinking too myself how nice the power steering is on my X540. Especially when you have to double back and cut next to the row you just did. Kind of like a K turn. It also helps cutting around obstacles.

As can happen I was in a rush to get it done. Supposed to rain tonight into tomorrow. Plus it was a long week. Not having to fight with a steering wheel is a big plus. lol
It's also nice to be able to cut with some speed and not bogging down the engine. The grass was a little longer then usual.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thank you. I will. :good2:

I do understand comments like the person earlier though. I had a LX 277 for around 900hrs over 15 years. Had a painted frame, K61 transaxle, and was a tank. With the need to cut down my mowing time I needed a bigger deck. You really almost have to step up to an X500 series for the same transaxle these days. Although the K62 is more robust than a K58 HD. I just could not see the extra $2,000 for it. I have a great dealer, and got a great price before the $500 off on this one. The X390 has the 1" axels on the HD K58. I don't till, snow blow, or plow. It's true that these forums can be tough at times on the people with the New (Non Lowes) Deere's. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. :desert:
Congrats on new tractor- the X390 is outstanding and you'll love the power steering. One thing though, the K62 is NOT more robust than K58- the K58 replaced the K62. It has same torque rating. The charge pump of the K58 contributes to a more efficient, cooler operating transmission. K62 is not equipped with charge pump. So the K58 in your X390 should last longer than K62 in your LX 277. Bigger Kawi engine, better transaxle, Power steering, bigger rear tires, that X390 is superior to the LX 277 in just about every way ( and your right used for grass mowing the LX 277 was a tank)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts