Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apologies in advance to you guys still dealing with snow up North but I mowed my lawn yesterday for the first time with my new X758.
This machine is PHENOMENAL! Going from a 42” X300 to the X758 with a 54” deck I was somewhat concerned about how much scalping I would have and then how I would have to adjust the way I mow my lawn to compensate for the larger deck. But, I had zero scalping issues to my surprise. In fact, the cut with this deck was superior to what I had gotten with my former mower!
My lawn is a mixed bag of smooth, hilly and uneven terrain but the 758 handled areas that I got stuck on with my X300 as if they were nothing. I have a section of very steep bank that I have been “weed eating” for the past 3 years and this machine cut and climbed it like a “home-sick angel”!
Bottom line, yesterday’s performance is helping me further justify the purchase price of this beast!

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like you really enjoyed your time on the machine! They are awesome machines. We still have another month or so to go before we see much green.:unknown:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like you really enjoyed your time on the machine! They are awesome machines. We still have another month or so to go before we see much green.:unknown:
I’m sure I had a stupid grin on my face while repeatedly climbing that bank ...glad the wife wasn’t there to take pics and post on social media:lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I’m sure I had a stupid grin on my face while repeatedly climbing that bank ...glad the wife wasn’t there to take pics and post on social media:lol:
That sounds a lot like me pretty much every time I get on my machine still. The AWD x7's a just a ball to drive around.

Just wait until you try working a ground engaging implement with the 3ph that grin will get bigger.

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
I am glad I am not mowing yet. I need to get the leaves I never got to last fall and all the sticks that fell since fall off the yard before mowing time arrives :banghead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am glad I am not mowing yet. I need to get the leaves I never got to last fall and all the sticks that fell since fall off the yard before mowing time arrives :banghead:
Sounds exactly like my yard. Fall lasted it seemed like a week. Lots of leaves up against the fences. I'll crank up the X758 and hook it to the cyclone and good bye leaves. Lovin the X758.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,716 Posts
Sounds exactly like my yard. Fall lasted it seemed like a week. Lots of leaves up against the fences. I'll crank up the X758 and hook it to the cyclone and good bye leaves. Lovin the X758.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
Come here next :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Sounds exactly like my yard. Fall lasted it seemed like a week. Lots of leaves up against the fences.
Same here!:banghead::flag_of_truce:

KDNitz, thanks for the update, glad you're having fun with that X758:good2:

·
Registered
558 Posts
I can imagine the big smile on your face. I had one too when I moved from a box store rider to an X739. It cut my mowing time in half. Yes, it was more expensive :gizmo:, but I'm getting too old to get off the mower a dozen times and lift the back end when it's stuck on a hill. :bigthumb: My smile comes back every time I mow.

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
The x7xx is the premier Lawn and Garden machine. Its extremely well built and has a very long and well developed pedigree which led to this machine. Machines such as the 455, the x495 and the x595 and the x740 then the x750 were direct predecessors of the x758 and even the older machines are excellent machines and well worth owning. They are heavily built and the diesel series with the Yanmar is as good as it gets with power, fuel efficiency, drive ability and machine capability. The series of machines I listed have the highest resale value in their respective series offerings, even many years later.

Personally, if I were to ever buy a new mowing Lawn and Garden Tractor (30 hp or under) I wouldn't hesitate to purchase the x758. My neighbor has an x73x(?) and he loves it. I think he is now at about 500 hours on his machine. His former wife really whined and complained when he bought it with the 54" deck, 47" two stage snow thrower, front drive, front quick hitch and Mc519 cart and deck driven blower for the cart, but he kept the tractor and got rid of the former wife. His new one appreciates the tractor, which already speaks volumes......:good2: She did ask me what my entire rig cost and she about choked when I told her with all options and implements but they have already had me core aerate their lawn 2 times as well as use the FEL to move landscaping items and materials.

The x7xx is a great machine and at the top of the heap, is the x758 with the diesel power. The ONLY time I see these tractors available and being offered for sale used is when the owner dies or ends up moving into a condo or nursing home, and I always inquire when I see one for sale as I might just add one to the stable if the deal is right. They are expensive machines, but worth every penny in my opinion. Also, if you take care of them, they will last a very long time. My 455 has over 3,000 hours on it and it still runs great.............Just think, that's 150 hours every year for over 20 years........and still going. Not a lot of x7xx owners run their machines 150 hours year after year.

These are excellent snow plowing and snow blowing machines. They have an ideal weight and size and the OEM tires are some of the best made for the combination of mowing and snow removal. They don't damage the lawn and they don't have traction issues on most snow conditions. On ice, everyone spins, so that doesn't count........:laugh::lol:

Plus I really like the new styling. They are a very stylistic machine. Deere has got that machine figured out, no question..........

·
Registered
207 Posts
It warmed up in to the 40's this week, and I got to fire up the x750...and I'm 100% sure I had a similar "stupid grin" on my face!

·
Registered
156 Posts
One thing I HATE, however, is the RIO button! My guess is it will mysteriously stop working by the time I need to mow again...
It seems as if you hesitate even the slightest bit in depressing that little yellow button before you THINK about touching that reverse pedal........ the deck will kick out.:banghead:

Super sensitive.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
I can imagine the big smile on your face. I had one too when I moved from a box store rider to an X739. It cut my mowing time in half. Yes, it was more expensive :gizmo:, but I'm getting too old to get off the mower a dozen times and lift the back end when it's stuck on a hill. :bigthumb: My smile comes back every time I mow.
Are you 2 in the Knoxville area or further east? I'm in the Elizabethton area.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I tried to get used to the RIO button for my first mowing season. I agree it is super sensitive to the reverse peddle. I figured out something last fall that works great for me and still keeps the RIO system working as designed.

Attachments

·
Registered
558 Posts
One thing I HATE, however, is the RIO button! My guess is it will mysteriously stop working by the time I need to mow again...
Those crazy RIO buttons have quit working for a lot of people! I know that mine has. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to continue without it. :mocking:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Are you 2 in the Knoxville area or further east? I'm in the Elizabethton area.
I live between Cosby and Newport.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts