Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just unloaded backhoe in order to attach my deck and mow. When I went to hook up deck, rear lift arms didn't connect.

Hmm.. hop off and look, they're barely lowered. Check knob position, yep in install position.

Back off mower and cycle rock arm control and notice 3pt arms barely moving as well.

Disconnected and reconnected power beyond loop, but problem persists.

Any ideas? I'm going to take a break and see if manual has anything.

Thanks

Justin

·
Registered
706 Posts
Are you sure the power beyond has a good seat? The first few times I had the backhoe off, I just thought the rear lines were connected. It took me three or four times and some grunting to get them locked up correctly. The connectors seem to have broken in now that I've had the tractor for a few months. If the 3 point is not moving then that's a good canidate. Also, you could check the drop rate control in front of the seat. Not sure if that would cause it, but worth checking.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The couple of times I had that problem, I just thought the rear lines were connected. It took me three or four times to get them locked up correctly. The connectors seem to have broken in now that I've had the tractor for a few months.
That's what I'm finding in my googling. When I have a snack, I'm going to make sure I have it connected correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Do you have the 3 point lift arms back on or are they still off?

If they are off, there isn't enough weight to lower the 3 point rockshaft without the mmm connected.

You should be able to put your 3 point control all the way to lower and then manually push the 3 point rockshaft arms down.

Once you get the mmm connected, then you will have enough weight to lower.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So besides that, because I learned that you're right, need weight. However, when pushing the arms myself, I couldn't get much to budge. I decided to stick my head underneath and found a wrench in the works. It was jammed up in there good. :flag_of_truce:

I guess I need to be more careful when clearing land. :unknown::lol:

I'm glad it was nothing too serious and there's no damage except my pride.

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
So besides that, because I learned that you're right, need weight. However, when pushing the arms myself, I couldn't get much to budge. I decided to stick my head underneath and found a wrench in the works. It was jammed up in there good. :flag_of_truce:

Yea, especially driving over brush. There are many things in under these tractors that can get damaged, like an auto connect mechanism, and they aren't that high off the ground.

If I plan to do any brush work that requires driving over brush, I remove my auto connect mechanism. :dunno: Might be excessive, but I'd prefer not to tear that up by a brush getting caught in it.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Noticed the tires in the picture. Kenda's? I just ordered a set for my new 1025R. I had All Trails on my 425 and loved them for snow work - never needed chains or even a dif lock.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noticed the tires in the picture. Kenda's? I just ordered a set for my new 1025R. I had All Trails on my 425 and loved them for snow work - never needed chains or even a dif lock.
Yep, Kendas. I'm afraid I have a SLOOOOW leak in the front right. Down 2psi over the last few days. Not really worth trying to plug at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts