Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3" in about 3 hours, more on the way then 1/4" of ice after that!

snow.JPG

Guess I should have put my plow on yesterday when it was sunny and 40* :slap-yourself-emoti

·
Super Moderator
5,534 Posts
Yeah,hear you Ken. This is second winter I haven't had my plow on. Neighbor down the road with ATV has been doing everything!! Including mine.:thumbup1gif: Can't beat that. It's almost to the point I don't need it. The little bit I have to deal with the FEL would take care of. Actually I have been considering selling it.

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
3" in about 3 hours, more on the way then 1/4" of ice after that!

View attachment 23789

Guess I should have put my plow on yesterday when it was sunny and 40* :slap-yourself-emoti
Plow been on for the past 2 weeks , so far today we might have a 1 1/2" ,calling for up too 3 " before the sleet and rain..
Just putting off going out and plowing the driveways.. Maybe later this afternoon.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just came in, it's about 8" now of dry powdery snow, and its turning to sleet/rain now. Look at the Ravens game on TV if you want to see, I'm about 30 miles NW from there.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Kenny. We have no snow and I'm not expecting any here.
8" is a lot for you isn't it?

·
Premium Member
14,702 Posts
Kennyd ,,,had maybe 2 ---2 1/2. Just came in looked at radar thinking and hoping rain would be here soon.. Our driveway is a solid sheet of ICE Now.
Calling for rain by tomorrow morning.. Hoping if not may need to get the kitty liter out just to pull up driveway.
Glad you got the 8" Enjoy..

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
Yeah,hear you Ken. This is second winter I haven't had my plow on. Neighbor down the road with ATV has been doing everything!! Including mine.:thumbup1gif: Can't beat that. It's almost to the point I don't need it. The little bit I have to deal with the FEL would take care of. Actually I have been considering selling it.
Just as soon as you do you know you'll get hammered!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
snow looks beautiful! 4 inches or so of sleet here and it still will not melt. In Texas it normally melts the next day.... Still here today....
View attachment 23803
Global warming.:laugh: It's "dusting" here at the moment and the radar looks like a poop-out for tomorrow unless the jet stream does some turning to the North.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
We received about 2" here yesterday. Thought about getting the plow out but decided against it. Went out today at about 10:00am and it was mostly gone.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
snow looks beautiful! 4 inches or so of sleet here and it still will not melt. In Texas it normally melts the next day.... Still here today....
View attachment 23803
I went ahead and scraped off one driveway and part of a road yesterday and I don't even reside there. When we had all that snow in 2010 I kind of spoiled folks in another town by clearing the road and some of their driveways. Some needed to be able to get through and couldn't if I hadn't cleared the road.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I went ahead and scraped off one driveway and part of a road yesterday and I don't even reside there. When we had all that snow in 2010 I kind of spoiled folks in another town by clearing the road and some of their driveways. Some needed to be able to get through and couldn't if I hadn't cleared the road.
You didn't come do mine! :cray: :munch: And with temps below freezing and dropping to 18 tonight, it isn't going away too soon! I am soooo sick of winter! :nunu:

Bring on gardening season!!!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
You didn't come do mine! :cray: :munch: And with temps below freezing and dropping to 18 tonight, it isn't going away too soon! I am soooo sick of winter! :nunu:

Sorry, had enough to deal with here. As hot and humid our spring and summers usually are, I will gladly put up with the cold weather. The ice I do not like. Had to cut tree limbs just to get out of driveway. Just about every road I traveled on either had a tree fallen across it or limbs laying in the middle. Feel sorry for all the folks who were without electricity and especially the stranded motorists out on the highways.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts

How soon we forget that all that ice will be turning into the water y'all were whining about not getting enough of last Summer. Toughen up and put on a shirt with sleeves!:laugh:

·
8,558 Posts
How soon we forget that all that ice will be turning into the water y'all were whining about not getting enough of last Summer. Toughen up and put on a shirt with sleeves!:laugh:
As dry as it is, it won't melt into water, but will sublimate!

And I HATE clothes! :tongue:

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Snowing again today, wet and heavy this time.

·
8,558 Posts
At least the sun is out here! Maybe it will finally get rid of the white stuff!

After taking not one, but TWO falls on the ice on Sunday evening, I have decided to move to Mexico!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Kenny gets ALL the fun!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts