Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I bought a 2020 1025r and I asked the dealer how many hours untill I need the first service, he said 100 hours typically also said a lot of people wait untill 150 hours, but I’ve read on here that most people do it at 50 hours just looking for some clarification, do I need to just change the oil and filter at 100hrs then the hydraulics at 200, I’m a hair over 100 hours and havnt had it serviced, I was getting ready to take it in at about 70 hrs but I caught the China virus and had to quarantine from my wife and kids, I basically lived in my garage for 2 weeks well after the 2nd day I got so bored I started taking on projects around the property with the tractor and wasn’t paying attention and racked it up to 100 hrs by time I was done with quarantine, I’d like to change the oil and filter myself, my question is, is that all that needs to be done at 100 hrs or do I need to take it in and have the hydraulic fluid changed and have a full service done or am I fine just doing the oil and filter change myself, I was also going to change the fuel filters and grease all the fittings

·
Registered
70 Posts
My salesman suggested I change the engine oil and filter at 25 hours which I did. There's different opinions on the trans. Many do it at 50 hours, some say 200. My owners manual says 200 so I'm going with that. At 100 hours now, I have greased the driveshafts once and the loader 2 or 3 times.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I’ve read on here that most people do it at 50 hours just looking for some clarification
The recommended service interval for the 1025R's hydraulic fluid used to be 50 hours, as indicated in early-year owner's manuals. At some point, the manual was changed and the recommended service interval is now 200 hours.

Reactions: kylew and Kennyd

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
I change my engine oil and filter after 100 hours.

·
Administrator
19,220 Posts
The manual may also read something like "or yearly, which ever comes first", so for MOST users, the answer is yearly and not necessarily by the hours.

Reactions: kylew and Upset264

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The recommended service interval for the 1025R's hydraulic fluid used to be 50 hours, as indicated in early-year owner's manuals. At some point, the manual was changed and the recommended service interval is now 200 hours.
My goodness yeah 50 hrs would get expensive I rack up 50 hours in a week or two lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My goodness yeah 50 hrs would get expensive I rack up 50 hours in a week or two lol
And my dealer and also the jd website says for break in period run it hard, full throttle lol that seemed kind of odd to me to break in an engine, but I’ve only built gas motors for my drag cars and you definatly don’t break them in at wide open lol but I did anyway I ran the piss out of this little thing to break it in, anyone else have a different opinion on the break in?

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
The 50 hr change was an initial change at the FIRST 50 hours. Not every 50 hrs. The normal repeating change interval for hydraulic oil and filter is 200 hrs.

Reactions: farmer52 and kylew

·
Registered
97 Posts
My manual says to change engine oil and filter and the transmission fluid and filters every 200 hrs

·
Premium Member
14,339 Posts
My manual says to change engine oil and filter and the transmission fluid and filters every 200 hrs
The manuals list different maintenance intervals depending on the serial number range of the tractor.

Reactions: kylew

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The manuals list different maintenance intervals depending on the serial number range of the tractor.
Explains why I get mixed reviews, even the two dealers by my house had two different answers lol I don’t know how John Deere warranty is I didn’t know if they would void it because I went 15 hours over what it says in the manual

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Explains why I get mixed reviews, even the two dealers by my house had two different answers lol I don’t know how John Deere warranty is I didn’t know if they would void it because I went 15 hours over what it says in the manual
Inotial change of engine oil, filter, hydrostatic , cleaned screen changed filter at 200 hours. All is well on my 2013. Knock on wood!!

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
For me: I do oil annually somewhere around 50ish hours of use. Going to be doing the 200 hour service for the hydraulic oil (first change, per manual for my 2017) in the next month or so. Grease is every ~10 hours on the implements as recommended. Drive shaft/chassis, usually when I'm feeling ambitious 2-3 times a season/year. Highly recommended the lock-n-lube and a powered grease gun (I've got a Dewalt, cause I'm invested in the DW 20V Lion batteries and related tools.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts