Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to play, oh I mean work....lol

halfway thru this job I had to remove all jackets, hats and gloves the heater in this cab will roast you out.

Setup

2018 John Deere 1025r
Curtis Cab
54" Quick Attach Front Plow (with rubber cutting edge and rubber wings)
SB1154 3 point snowblower

·
Registered
12,292 Posts
Finally got to play, oh I mean work....lol

halfway thru this job I had to remove all jackets, hats and gloves the heater in this cab will roast you out.

Setup

2018 John Deere 1025r
Curtis Cab
54" Quick Attach Front Plow (with rubber cutting edge and rubber wings)
SB1154 3 point snowblower

:bigthumb:now that is a action shot i say:mocking: thanks for the video.:munch:

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Good job......:bigthumb::hi:

Are you plowing in Low in the transfer case?

I hang one of the Duluth Trading Shirt jackets on the coat hook in my cab and just go with the long sleeve fleece I often wear in the winter. When I do get out of the cab, I can put the coat on but I am not able to run my cab heat at more than about 50% of the heat control valve or it roasts me out of the cab. I never wear a coat in the cab or its uncomfortable real fast.

I find I don't need a heavier coat as I am not out of the cab long, plus it keeps it out of my rear window, etc.

I strongly suggest you check into a back up monitor, the wireless kind. They are worth their weight in gold and with the rear snow blower, you will be able to see where backing and if anyone comes up behind you which is important. The camera and monitor make the operation of the tractor really enjoyable and in my opinion, even safer.......

Cab Safety Light, Rear Window Wiper and Back up Camera install

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
Nice. Great video :bigthumb:
He needs to throw a little snow from the chute the direction of the camera operator to keep them on their toes.......I know if I did that, the next image would be of the camera being dropped into the snow and Mrs. Bear headed towards the house and ALL DONE.......:laugh::lol:

Heck, I haven't even been able to talk her into running the camera outside while I am plowing. She did offer, to the extent that she could film from inside the house through the window......:laugh:

The smaller the camera, the harder they are to hold and shoot good video. The Go Pro cameras are really tough to hold in your hands and shoot as the smallest movement really changes the camera's aim on the subject. Even with the stabilization built into many of the small cameras, they still are a little tricky to hold and get a smooth video. So the camera operator in this video deserves credit for a job well done.

I had my 9 year old buddy next door film me plowing snow but he had some camera control issues which made me get motion sick when watching the video of me he shot. So, its been relegated to the "recycle bin" in the video file.....

I have some Go Pro camera mounts for inside and outside the cab and this year, I am going to run two cameras simultaneously, one from inside the cab and the other mounted in varying locations, on the grill guard, on the rear of the tractor, on the FEL side frame member for a unique angle, mounted just above the top flap of the plow, etc........Now, if I can just take some time to learn the video editing software......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good job......:bigthumb::hi:

Are you plowing in Low in the transfer case?

I hang one of the Duluth Trading Shirt jackets on the coat hook in my cab and just go with the long sleeve fleece I often wear in the winter. When I do get out of the cab, I can put the coat on but I am not able to run my cab heat at more than about 50% of the heat control valve or it roasts me out of the cab. I never wear a coat in the cab or its uncomfortable real fast.

I find I don't need a heavier coat as I am not out of the cab long, plus it keeps it out of my rear window, etc.

I strongly suggest you check into a back up monitor, the wireless kind. They are worth their weight in gold and with the rear snow blower, you will be able to see where backing and if anyone comes up behind you which is important. The camera and monitor make the operation of the tractor really enjoyable and in my opinion, even safer.......

Cab Safety Light, Rear Window Wiper and Back up Camera install

Sully I usually plow in low for the first pass, then usually go to high range to speed the process up as you can see I have a lot of driveway to get done. Usually isn't bad if I am off and home but on those work days its a swipe down and back to just get in and out until I get I home in the evenings (try to keep the "finance committee" happy)...lol I just have to be careful when backing my driveway as you saw I have a ditch on one side and hill on the other, but you are 100% correct its a lifesaver when I am working near the main highway as I can see cars coming way off in the distance to give me time to get out of the way even though my attention is focused out the front windshield.

I actually do have a rear camera hook up, its not wireless but for $28 I decided to run a couple of wires to the rear.

Image-1 (1).jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He needs to throw a little snow from the chute the direction of the camera operator to keep them on their toes.......I know if I did that, the next image would be of the camera being dropped into the snow and Mrs. Bear headed towards the house and ALL DONE.......:laugh::lol:

Heck, I haven't even been able to talk her into running the camera outside while I am plowing. She did offer, to the extent that she could film from inside the house through the window......:laugh:

The smaller the camera, the harder they are to hold and shoot good video. The Go Pro cameras are really tough to hold in your hands and shoot as the smallest movement really changes the camera's aim on the subject. Even with the stabilization built into many of the small cameras, they still are a little tricky to hold and get a smooth video. So the camera operator in this video deserves credit for a job well done.

I had my 9 year old buddy next door film me plowing snow but he had some camera control issues which made me get motion sick when watching the video of me he shot. So, its been relegated to the "recycle bin" in the video file.....

I have some Go Pro camera mounts for inside and outside the cab and this year, I am going to run two cameras simultaneously, one from inside the cab and the other mounted in varying locations, on the grill guard, on the rear of the tractor, on the FEL side frame member for a unique angle, mounted just above the top flap of the plow, etc........Now, if I can just take some time to learn the video editing software......

my 10 year old was actually doing the camera work this year, if you look at my channel on youtube and one of the first videos we done with the snowblower last year my daughter was chasing the stream of snow coming out of the chute, she loves being outside in it.

Now she has got into taking videos and posting...….she is actually showing me how to use the editing software that I had to pay for.....huh imagine that.....

I went out yesterday afternoon and she had a mount stuck on my windshield I was like what the crap is this and all she said was you will find out dad...…….lol

·
Premium Member
8,808 Posts
my 10 year old was actually doing the camera work this year, if you look at my channel on youtube and one of the first videos we done with the snowblower last year my daughter was chasing the stream of snow coming out of the chute, she loves being outside in it.

Now she has got into taking videos and posting...….she is actually showing me how to use the editing software that I had to pay for.....huh imagine that.....

I went out yesterday afternoon and she had a mount stuck on my windshield I was like what the crap is this and all she said was you will find out dad...…….lol
Sounds like she has some plans for a expansive You Tube channel...........:good2:

When I needed help with video editing, I went and got the 10 year old next door and his mother is in charge of the website for our local hospital network. She can fly through the editing stuff as she does it all day long at work.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts