Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having completed the repairs on the load control shaft assembly on my JD 301, I'm now ready to refill the transmission case. What steps are necessary to purge the air out of the system? I'd hate to mess anything up at this point.

Jim

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Did you check sump screen for clogging? There should be no air in hyd system just air in trans case(sump). Check hyd oil with engine idling nut on dipstick resting on threads,fill to full mark on stick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just assumed purging would be necessary

Did you check sump screen for clogging? There should be no air in hyd system just air in trans case(sump). Check hyd oil with engine idling nut on dipstick resting on threads,fill to full mark on stick.
Thanks for the reply, but I haven't filled the system. I just assumed draining it would result in air trapped in a few places. I just wanted to be sure I did things right if there was a specific procedure to follow when refilling and operating the tractor again. My assumption is to fill the case until the dipstick shows full, then operate the tractor and hydraulics briefly, recheck level and fill if necessary, repeat if necessary.

I've made costly mistakes in the past due to ignorance, but age has made me more likely to ask questions rather than relying on my own reasoning. I'm blessed you and others here are willing to share your experience so freely. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts