Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
2021 John Deere 3025e / Loader /BB2060 Box Blade / 370B Backhoe with 16" bucket
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Steve! Our salesman went above and beyond to make this happen asap. Tractor from one sister store, and backhoe from another (and in another State!). Orange was talking a 4 month wait. Prefer Made in USA anyhow. A win win.

Premium Member
Billy,

I shopped for my last tractor at different dealers, amazing how much difference there can be at dealerships in attitude and pricing. I was looking at the Kubotas as well, was leaning that way only due to cost, but found a deal on the JD that I could not pass. Very happy with my purchase.

What are you going to do with your tractor?

Where are you located?

Steve

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Welcome to GTT

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Billy,

I shopped for my last tractor at different dealers, amazing how much difference there can be at dealerships in attitude and pricing. I was looking at the Kubotas as well, was leaning that way only due to cost, but found a deal on the JD that I could not pass. Very happy with my purchase.

What are you going to do with your tractor?

Where are you located?

Steve
We're in South East Arizona. Our land needs constant maintenance because of monsoon storms. With the help of a friend with a Case Backhoe, we've built earthworks, swales and berms to protect the developed portion of our property from flood waters that may breech the banks of nearby washes. So that'll be an ongoing task. Besides that we are building a Straw Bale House which hopefully will be completed by the end of 2021. My wife is a big Gardner too so preparing land for her greenhouse and garden plots will be much easier too. Link to our YouTube channel in my bio if you're interested.

Premium Member
We're in South East Arizona. Our land needs constant maintenance because of monsoon storms. With the help of a friend with a Case Backhoe, we've built earthworks, swales and berms to protect the developed portion of our property from flood waters that may breech the banks of nearby washes. So that'll be an ongoing task. Besides that we are building a Straw Bale House which hopefully will be completed by the end of 2021. My wife is a big Gardner too so preparing land for her greenhouse and garden plots will be much easier too. Link to our YouTube channel in my bio if you're interested.
Billy,

Sounds very nice and a great excuse to buy a brand new shinny Green Machine.

I had never thought about the monsoon rains causing wash outs. I have flown through Arizona during this season. I thought it was beautiful to see from the air and the storms were confined to areas that I could go around. When I started to hear the airliners get busy and asking for new routing and then saw how fast they grew, I know I needed a plan B. Sounds like you have it figured out.

Steve

Registered
Welcome from Central Ohio

Reactions: Billybisbee

Registered
Congrats on your new tractor & welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Welcome to GTT from Eastern Kentucky. You will be happy with your 3025e, it is a solid no frills machine.
Thanks! That was my goal. No mid PTO needed. Looking for best bang for my 30k+ bucks. This will really allow me to develop our homestead in a more efficient manner Our neighbors are excited too. 馃槈.

Registered
Welcome from southern ky!

Reactions: Stevo3556

Premium Member
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

Registered
Welcome to GTT from western PA

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.