Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 John Deere 2210
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I just became the proud owner of my first tractor. I had a rental last week and immediately knew I needed one of my own. I had been looking for a used JD scut for a month or two and found this local
Sky Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

It’s under 600 hours. It came with a snowblower, quick hitch broom and front blade. Obviously, being in the Phoenix area, I don’t need those, so I’m hoping to sell them or trade them in and get some kind of box scraper for our gravel driveway and road, as well as a backhoe to dig tree holes and maintain the small wash that goes through our property. I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions. If anyone has any advice off the bat, feel free to share.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I think your out of luck on a BH.

Heres the avl. "factory" attatchments.

Do some digging around on the same page ( up top ) and you can find most all the specs for that model.
One that doesn't pop up often that I've noticed....looks related to the 2305......I think this one has some plastic Fan on the driveline to cool hydraulics.......Someone will chime in or look underneath it and be sure its still there and not broken.

Welcome from Oregon

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

theduke..... yep getting ready to post ,, watch out backing up over brush , snow, sand, whatever.. that could hit the fan .
If the engine is turned off and the fan spins,,, the bracket that holds the fan to the driveshaft is bad and will need replaced.

and as theduke stated,,, NO JD BH for 2210... , maybe a after market . but not JD brand.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from Southern ky!

Reactions: mini_mull

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Mini
Thanks for the link and info. From what I understood the 2210 is the predecessor to the 1025r, no? With the LVB24973 mounting kit, I thought I could mount the 260 Backhoe?

Go to the Tractor data page
By the model # you will see little tiny arrows.
They will point up ,right or down...indicating the next model of the series.Or newer ,or older, etc ..follow arrow.
In your case..2305 is next ( shows no Ho) then 1026r ( still shows no Ho)...Keep in mind this is a refference site and not always actual facts...then next model is 1025 ( shows Ho)

If you leave your first page on the "attatchments" section vs say ,,,,,engine ,trans ,photos or whatever.
Then as you scroll through the model #'s ( ones by tiny arrows)....each new page will show just attatchments.
I'm not explaining this well..forgive me...but theres easy ways to navigate that site is the moral of this mess.

·
Registered
2022 Ram 3500 CTD
455 Posts
I think the 2210 is a predecessor of the 2305. I bought a 2210 new in 2004 and owned it for 14 years. Never in the shop once and an excellent tractor. As others said, check the hydro cooling fan for breakage AND make sure the driveshaft from the engine to the transaxle has been greased. These ujoint fittings are often overlooked. I don’t think the are even mentioned in the owner manual. If left ungreased they will cause thousands of dollars in damage. You can search or google for details but it’s very important.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
With the LVB24973 mounting kit, I thought I could mount the 260 Backhoe?
I think that is correct, but the 260 is out of production so finding one may be a challenge too. You will also need the Power Beyond kit.

The 2305 was actually the "predecessor" to the 2210, both are built in Japan by Yanmar. The 1-seiries is a completely different machine.

The 2210's had issues with the driveshaft failing from lack of lubrication, earlier ones has some rear PTO/rear case issues, and the plastic cooling fan underneath is very fragile and damaged easily.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Welcome to the SCUT club......... in regards to the backhoe......... you may have to think a little outside the box so to speak, but anything is possible with enough time and money. I'm sure there are work arounds that exist out there to have a backhoe mounted. Finding those work arounds and implementing them are part of the challenge and fun owning these wonderful machines.
And lastly......... just because 'Deere' says it can't be done...... pay no mind. It likely can be, just maybe not with Deere's blessing. Tractor on, Mini Mull.
Nice tractor you have there.

·
Super Moderator
10,473 Posts
Well, JD Parts does show an original 260 backhoe listing for the 2210 here: 260 BH Parts Listing

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Number

This link will take you to the parts breakdown but there should be a "bundle" part number as well.

260 BH Mounting for 2210

You'll also need a power beyond kit for your 2210.

·
Premium Member
2003 John Deere 2210
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks so much for all the info and support. I haven't confirmed it, but I read that LVB24981 power beyond fits both the 2305 and the 2210 and those are still readily available. I believe the bundle part number for the 260 BH on the 2210 is LVB24973 which includes the power beyond and subframe, but alas it looks to no longer be available, so piecing it together might be my only option. It seems some of the parts houses have all the parts to make it up, but no longer sell the bundle.

·
Administrator
22,931 Posts
You'll find that many will just trade-in to get a machine already equipped with a backhoe when they decide they want one, adding one to an older machine isn't as easy as it appears on the surface unless you find a used one off of the same model machine.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I just became the proud owner of my first tractor. I had a rental last week and immediately knew I needed one of my own. I had been looking for a used JD scut for a month or two and found this local View attachment 822076
It’s under 600 hours. It came with a snowblower, quick hitch broom and front blade. Obviously, being in the Phoenix area, I don’t need those, so I’m hoping to sell them or trade them in and get some kind of box scraper for our gravel driveway and road, as well as a backhoe to dig tree holes and maintain the small wash that goes through our property. I’m sure I’ll have lots of questions. If anyone has any advice off the bat, feel free to share.

Have one identical to it, Make sure you look into the main driveshaft , It is under the floor board and will need attention. There are several posts on the procedure and will be well worth the effort to getting to know your 2210. I have greased the driveshaft every 200 hrs and have had no issue as of yet! (may have just Muphy'd law myself) Mine has 1000 hrs on it and runs as it did when I bout it some 13-15 yrs ago, At one time there was a fellow who made fan guards for it and also the hydraulic oil filter guard, But that has been many moons ago, I was lucky to get in on it and has worked well. Best to You with the 2210 and besafe. Will last a long time with proper maintenance.

Welcome aboard.
waltmart

·
Registered
2038r
391 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. We have ran a 2210 at my folks farm since it was bought new. Great little tractor, pulling wagons, running the elevator, grain auger, tiller, plowing snow and mowing grass. Give it a good once over mechanically and I’d recommend an oil change both engine and hydraulic systems. Good luck, and enjoy your new machine

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
591 Posts
Welcome from NW Ct.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2210 that I purchased new in 2003. I remove the floorboard every other year to grease the shaft. Been good so far. The tractor has given me no issues and has pretty much been bullet proof. I seldom use the rear PTO as that is the weakest part of the 2210/2305 tractors. I did consider trading for a new 1025r last month. The dealer must have thought I was the heir to the Thurston Howell estate. They quoted me $28,000 and my tractor for basically the same set-up. Looks like I'll be keeping my 2210 for the foreseeable future.

Woods used to make the BH6000 Groundbreaker backhoe that fit the 2210/2305 tractors but as others have said finding what you need will be difficult and expensive.

Not sure if your tires are loaded but it looks like you need a bit more rear ballast for loader work and it probably would be good to have matching tires with the 4wd

Good luck with your 2210!

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. My 2305 is only a few years newer than your machine. I have a quick hitch, blower and blade. This weekend was the first time I have ever wished I had the broom. If you were closer (I am in MD) I would be interested in talking price on the broom. I have to agree, I am curious as to how that package ended up in AZ. I bet it is either a transplant or a very under-utilized set-up!

·
Premium Member
4052R HOOS, 440R MSL, 485A
340 Posts
Congrats on the new toy. My 2305 is only a few years newer than your machine. I have a quick hitch, blower and blade. This weekend was the first time I have ever wished I had the broom. If you were closer (I am in MD) I would be interested in talking price on the broom. I have to agree, I am curious as to how that package ended up in AZ. I bet it is either a transplant or a very under-utilized set-up!
It does snow once every ten years and lasts for all of 30 minutes on the valley floor. Perfect time to use a snow blower, lol 😆 It is always fun to send pictures of cactus with snow to family and friends when you complain how no one knows how to drive in these conditions.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.