Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I read on another topic something about the need to lube the levers on the Backhoe. I just got my first tractor (1025r TLB) yesterday and worked my first Backhoe ever for about an hour today for practice (I'm gonna need much more :banghead: ). The left handle is stiff and will sometimes stick a little and not return on its own to the center. Is that what I need to do - lube the lever? If so, how would I do that?

2) This was delivered to me with one key - shipped direct from the Mainland to Hawaii. Should I have received a spare? Where do I get spares? Are they all the same, or will I have to get blanks and then have them cut? If so, I better be very careful not to lose this one in the meantime.

Oh, one more - I got a main Operator's Manual and another "supplement" for the Backhoe. But I don't see anything for the FEL. And nothing in the Operator's Manual has anything to say about the FEL or the hydraulics. I may have missed it, but two times through the manual and I don't see anything about hydraulic maintenance, filling, type of fluid, etc. Am I missing something?

Good News is that I moved about 15 tons of base course down a hill to a building project yesterday - first 5 hours on the tractor - and both the tractor and I lived to tell about it. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Congrats on the new 1 Series!

There is another 'Supplement' manual for the H120 loader just like there is one for the backhoe. Your dealer should have included it with the others, let them know it's missing and perhaps they will supply one. If not they're available online.

There was another thread here on what should be included from the dealer, but spates can be had from the dealer or an online JD parts supplier like GFP who is a sponsor here. The keys are universal for all 1 series so it wouldn't be the end of the world if you lost yours, though it would be inconvenient until you got a replacement.

Good job on the gravel and have fun with your next tasks.

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
Your key should be Deere part # LVA17264 You can find places that sell them all over the web. There are probably a couple hundred up for sale on EBay and any Dealer will have a stack of them.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not sure exactly where you are, but I know that Lowe's has locations in Hawaii. They have keys for the 1 series in stores around here. That key is shared with some lawn tractors.
Mine came without a spare key. I picked up one in the lawn mower section at Lowes, too. Cost $3.98 plus tax.
key.jpg
My local Walmart has them too. They charge $5.09 plus tax.

Mine also came without a manual for the MMM. I picked one up on ebay after waiting for the one the dealer said he'd send me. There's a loader manual on ebay tonight, but ridiculously pricey. I'd lean on your dealer or find a download.

John Deere D120 H120 Farm Loader Operators Manual | eBay

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Did you receive the 3-point hitch and related items? It's a big money item, but easy for a dealer to overlook when delivering a TLB.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you receive the 3-point hitch and related items? It's a big money item, but easy for a dealer to overlook when delivering a TLB.
Funny you should ask --- It turns out the shipping company would not take loose items when shipping (taped inside the loader counted as loose). And since the backhoe was on, the dealer had to take the hitch stuff back. But he said he is going to send them UPS. It will cost an arm and a leg, but it looks like I will be getting them. We will see.

I am still unsure about all the info about the hydraulics - since I know nothing about them. I don't know if the fluids need to be changed like oil and tranny fluids. And I'm sure there is a filter somewhere that should be cleaned, etc. Where should that info be? As mentioned, two fairly detailed looks through the Operator's Manual and I didn't see a hydraulics "chapter." Did I miss that section?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Other than lubrication at the joints, there really isn't any other maintenance required on the FEL I am aware of.. Lube points are pretty obvious. Disconnecting the FEL is very easy and you can find many youtubes to help.

There is a lot of support here for any issue you will have. Enjoy

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Lube ever 10 hours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,795 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Even my old Craftsman tractor keys work so you should have no problem getting a spare key. Not sure which island you are on but I believe American Machinery is on Oahu and Hawaii, not sure about Maui. They should be able to do your hydraulic and engine oil changes if you want. Otherwise the owner's manuals do a pretty good job of describing service and the sticky posts here are a big help as well.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
747 Posts
Here's a link to the on-line H120 owners manual........

OMW54640

Gizmo2, thanks for bringing up the "key"thread. Now I'll have to go back and check it out... again.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Here are the loader grease fittings locations:

Loader Grease fittings.png

The full loader supplement can be found on-line here: H120 & D120 Operators Manual. That should hold you over until the dealer can get you the printed manual.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As always - thanks for the help/advice.

Re: the boom lever sticking - I read all the linked topics. Most described the up/down boom sticking. Mine is the left/right. Also, from what I gathered, this problem was occurring during use - of course.

However, I just checked my right/left lever with the tractor off, and after the tractor sat for a couple of days. The lever is sticking when pushed right - and I'm assuming there is no pressure in the lines - and least it doesn't feel like it.

Wouldn't this seem to indicate the problem is with the lever and/or linkage instead of the hydraulics like most others found to be the issue??? I bought some teflon lube and will try it out tomorrow - but thought I would ask the brain trust here for any suggestions first. - like where to squirt it, etc.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,795 Posts
konakid, Fluid Film or maybe your teflon lube. Number 10s (Link Ends) and the number 6s (Ball Joints).

0002524560____________A1.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts