Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our "dusting to an inch" turned into about 6" today. So I got to use the bucket and edge tamers for the first time. As Tim frequently points out, "it isn't perfect but it sure beats a shovel". What made this operation imperfect was the very soft, unfrozen, uneven gravel. It is early in the season, the ground isn't frozen, and we had several inches of rain last week. So even with the edge tamers, it was frequently sinking in and digging. So it's a bit messy, but certainly got the job done. I could never have done it at all without the edge tamers. If the driveway wasn't so soft, I think it would have been much smoother. For $100 alternative to a $1400 plow, I'm quite happy!

For the most part, I had the loader in float, and was constantly adjusting the curl on the fly. As I felt it start to catch on the stone, I would curl it back a hair. Or curl it down if it seemed to be floating too high.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
I like my edge tamers I use them the same way loader in float and control the curl I was out playing with mine in the back of the yard earlier today :thumbup1gif: and I don't believe I destroyed any grass will see when the snow melts this weekend pitcures are in the mcut thread

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
So our "dusting to an inch" turned into about 6" today. So I got to use the bucket and edge tamers for the first time. As Tim frequently points out, "it isn't perfect but it sure beats a shovel". What made this operation imperfect was the very soft, unfrozen, uneven gravel. It is early in the season, the ground isn't frozen, and we had several inches of rain last week. So even with the edge tamers, it was frequently sinking in and digging. So it's a bit messy, but certainly got the job done. I could never have done it at all without the edge tamers. If the driveway wasn't so soft, I think it would have been much smoother. For $100 alternative to a $1400 plow, I'm quite happy!

For the most part, I had the loader in float, and was constantly adjusting the curl on the fly. As I felt it start to catch on the stone, I would curl it back a hair. Or curl it down if it seemed to be floating too high.
You got photo bombed by your 4 legged supervisor in the second photo! Ohhh the comments that could be made.... :lolol:

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. That was intentional.

·
Registered
260 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She loves the snow. Runs around like a lunatic all over the yard chasing phantoms, diving into it, digging in it, etc. In this case, it didn't last long because it had turned into wind driven sleet and I felt like I was getting sand blasted.

·
Registered
61 Posts
LOL. That was intentional.
[Marlin Perkins narrating]
Welcome back to Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Our photographer, Pedals2Paddles, has waited patiently for hours to get a glimpse of this amazing creature, Canine Domesticus, heeding the call of nature. Meanwhile, we've sent Jim Fowler over to free an angry bear that has been caught in a trap. Jim? ... Jim?

:laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts