Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I received my Fit Rite Hydraulics hydraulic top link a few weeks ago. Just had some time to install.

As always, Fit Rite's (Brian) workmanship is absolutely outstanding.

Before you ask, yes it took about 6 months from placing the order to receiving the top link. Whether or not you can wait is a decision you have to make when ordering! For me, I like quality, so it was worth the wait and I will primarily use the hydraulic top link when I use my hydraulic lift and dump MCS in the fall, so I planned ahead and ordered it in plenty of time.

When dumping my hydraulic lift and dump MCS, I find I like to have the MCS tilted toward the tractor when using it but when dumping it, it would be nice to be able to tilt the 3 point back so the MCS angles back over my dump trailer further. Having the hydraulic top link will enable me to shorten and lengthen the top link as needed so that when dumping, I can dump in the middle of the trailer.
I opted to design and buy my own hydraulic adapters and hose rather than have Brian supply them. Not that Brian doesn't do a great job :good2:, I am a hydraulics guy so I just want to do it myself!! :dunno:

I used Parker adapters and hose. To control the speed of movement, I used Parker 6L0HL6-S .031 orifice adapters in both lines. This provides for nice smooth movement of the top link, even at high idle.

Parker Adapters:
2 - 6C50L0-S - #6 ORB x #6 ORFS swivel
2 - 6L0HL6-S .031 orifice - #6 ORFS male x #6 ORFS swivel

Parker Hoses (1/4" SAE 100R1 hose - #6 ORFS swivel one end x 1/4" NPT male one end):
1 - F422JS01-6-4-4 40" long
1 - F422JS01-6-4-4 42" long

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pl41z8lxaiv62bt/Top Link Moving High Idle.MOV?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u4fkteg2x5rz7ol/Top Link Moving Low Idle.MOV?dl=0

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
So since you're a hydraulic guy, and you've obviously put in a nice set of valves (which fit rite no longer sells),
how about listing what valves you used for those of us looking to follow along one of these days...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So since you're a hydraulic guy, and you've obviously put in a nice set of valves (which fit rite no longer sells),
how about listing what valves you used for those of us looking to follow along one of these days...

Thanks
I have a list of all of the components. I will post them when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks
Here is the location that I posted the part numbers for all of the components. These are all Bucher part numbers and my valve sections are all 4 position with float. http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/medium-frame-compact-utility-tractors-mcut/144457-question-about-3rd-4th-5th-rear-remote-install-4110-a.html#post2481705

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks
Here is the documentation from when I installed the rear SCV on my 1025R.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Hyd top link is the most handy thing to have. I use mine pretty much each time I use the tractor due to the flex linkage on the RFM. If I am using the rock rake, I can change the dig factor just by adjusting the hyd top link. Same way with a box blade or regular rear blade. So many choices.......

Dave

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
639 Posts

Thanks
Actually I only stopped selling the valves for about a month. There was such an outcry that I went back to selling the valves, but no hoses. So if you want the valve set with the mount, I can help you out. You would just need to source the hoses and tractor related fittings to get the set plumbed into the hydraulic system.

Contact page. https://www.fitritehydraulics.com/contact.html

·
Super Moderator
7,866 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts