Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a plow that fits on a 318 also fit a 140 im thinking it does but just want to be 100% sure eh Thanks Chad

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Plow as in front blade, yes. Plow as in moldboard, 3 point to 3 point yes. Integral hitch to 3 point needs an adapter.

The front of a 318 and a 140 are basically the same as far as fitment. If the 140 has 2 sets of hydro ports very much the same.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plow as in front blade, yes. Plow as in moldboard, 3 point to 3 point yes. Integral hitch to 3 point needs an adapter.

The front of a 318 and a 140 are basically the same as far as fitment. If the 140 has 2 sets of hydro ports very much the same.
Thank You Eh!!!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
While Mdrew is MOSTLY correct, if you are mounting a 54 blade to the front of a 318 that came from a 140, you will need to check the hydraulic fitting on the lift cylinder.
There are SEVERAL 318s now running around with a dent in the front frame because of the wrong fitting being in place and hitting the frame.

Be careful when checking, as it WILL do damage before you know it. Have a helper watch as you raise it up.

The fitting issue is that the original was a 45 degree (doing this from memory which isnt so great, and it was a long time ago), and the new one is a 90.
The 45 went out parallel to the cylinder, so up and away from the rear. This causes it to be in perfect position to ding the frame.
It generally bends the fitting too.
I believe the fix is to replace it with a 90 that goes perpendicular to the cylinder.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
While Mdrew is MOSTLY correct, if you are mounting a 54 blade to the front of a 318 that came from a 140, you will need to check the hydraulic fitting on the lift cylinder.
There are SEVERAL 318s now running around with a dent in the front frame because of the wrong fitting being in place and hitting the frame.

Be careful when checking, as it WILL do damage before you know it. Have a helper watch as you raise it up.

The fitting issue is that the original was a 45 degree (doing this from memory which isnt so great, and it was a long time ago), and the new one is a 90.
The 45 went out parallel to the cylinder, so up and away from the rear. This causes it to be in perfect position to ding the frame.
I believe the fix is to replace it with a 90 that goes perpendicular to the cylinder.
Thank You Eh This is for a friend of mine and we might be using a blade from a 318 for his 140.

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
If the 140 is h1 it can’t use a power angle blade.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the 140 is h1 it can’t use a power angle blade.
I know Thanks we can get a really good deal on the blade just won't use the power angle eh

·
Registered
9,900 Posts
I know Thanks we can get a really good deal on the blade just won't use the power angle eh
You mood to remove it and put on manual angle parts if that’s your plan. Just not hooking up the angle cylinder will not work. You could make a strut to replace the cylinder, but make sure it’s well built.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You mood to remove it and put on manual angle parts if that’s your plan. Just not hooking up the angle cylinder will not work. You could make a strut to replace the cylinder, but make sure it’s well built.
Yes that is our plan to machine/fabricate something for the angle lock eh Thanks

·
Registered
334 Posts

Mine bent the fitting....

·
Registered
4,850 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Mine bent the fitting....
Yep. Same here. I was more PO'd about the dent in the front of the frame on the 318. Tractor was in perfect shape until I decided to put the ole Jim Briney memorial dent in it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts