Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Tearing out would be my last resort.

I would try bringing the ground up around that patio section, like the ground you have built up to the garage door you drive in/out of. Then make it a gentle slope away, to still shed water away, but not a river rapid.

Do you know if that patio is pinned to the concrete footing of the building? That will help it from breaking off.

Another idea is to pour another step around patio so it will be a step or 2 to go from ground to patio.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Build the ground back up and install gutters. Water coming off the roof looks to be the culprit.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
I would pack sand under and around it then build the area back up. Hopefully as it settles more of the gaps will be filled.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I agree with Big. Filling back to level would just patch the problem. Your actual problem is there is no gutter on the roof to direct the water from the foundation. Put a gutter up, re-fill the sides packing down the dirt as you go, plant grass you should be good. I am not a landscaper but I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night, does that count?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the responses, guys. Why would I not fill up underneath it with gravel of some kind rather than sand? I don't know if the patio is pinned to the building - it is inherited. It needs work: previous owner drilled holes in the walls for various purposes and some siding is loose. It also has no power - I think the guy who demolished the pool also killed the power to the shed. Something else I am working on.

BillieS, for it to count you have to have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but you can have a pass this time.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Thanks for the responses, guys. Why would I not fill up underneath it with gravel of some kind rather than sand? I don't know if the patio is pinned to the building - it is inherited. It needs work: previous owner drilled holes in the walls for various purposes and some siding is loose. It also has no power - I think the guy who demolished the pool also killed the power to the shed. Something else I am working on.

BillieS, for it to count you have to have stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, but you can have a pass this time.
You can form out around the concrete area with a pressure treated border maybe a few feet between them. Pour and pack some dry bag concrete mix under undermined spots with a shovel. Top off to top of concrete and border with some decorative clean stone of some type.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts