Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This all started several years ago when a new sewer line was installed through the property behind ours. The pipe is laid in gravel, then covered with dirt. We later bought the ground to extend our back yard, our property used to stop just short of the big double-trunked Ash at the center of the picture: HPIM3119.JPG
The sewer line is just on the other side of that tree. This is the east side of the property, running downhill to the west. After we got the ground, I started having problems with soggy ground near the west side, to the far right of this picture: FLOWER GARDENS 2007 018.jpg It has now progressed uphill to the pine tree. I found water bubbling up through a crawdad hole in the yard! I stuck a piece of 1-1/2" PVC pipe into the hole & ran it to a plastic oil drain pan near the property line: HPIM1608.JPG This worked for a while until a couple years ago when the water started coming up again. This time, I buried a 5 -gallon bucket with holes drilled into it with the outlet pipe going to the oil pan. Last year, the water started seeping up farther uphill near the Pine tree in the center of the yard. So I've been adding to the drainage system, I used the 40S w/1-bottom plow to plow a furrow first, then dug a trench about a foot deep. In this went a 10' section of 4" perforated PVC pipe draining into 1-1/2" schedule 40 PVC 30' to the bucket sump. Covered the perforated pipe with "egg rock", then dirt. I filled about half the depth yesterday, then packed it with the Gator. HPIM1607.JPG This morning, I finished filling & packed it down with the 790: HPIM1609.JPG I'll spread some grass seed over it before this weeks rain, may have to make some dirt adjustments & re-pack. Hopefully the seepage won't spread any further uphill!

·
Premium Member
5,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the water coming from the neighbors place?
It's coming from the gravel the sewer line was laid in. We're towards the bottom of the hill & water runs through the easiest outlet, i.e. the crawdad hole first!

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I guess I'd try to tile it to send it somewhere else, or make a pond and utilize it as a spring.
I have one of them. The former owner used a BH to dig a hole and now I have a spring fed pond. They even stocked it at one point with some blue gill. I use the over flow to fill my koi pond, can't beat free water.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428330211.135706.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts