Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be getting a 2017 2038r in a couple weeks, and I'm trying to figure out what flail mower to get. My JD dealer sells Alamo mowers so was recommending their 62". I'm not sure about the Alamo price yet, as the dealer was checking out a couple questions I had before getting me the price on it. Anyone have experience with Alamo? Just trying to look at their stuff online makes me think less of them due to having a piss poor website. I had seen the Woodmax 62" and it looks like a nice unit. Is there another brand I should look at? My primary use for the mower will be the weeds/grass at the edge of the woods, and brush (briers and small branches <= 1") back in the woods, to keep trails & the river clear. I guess a Frontier 360 would also be in the realm, but that seems like it will be borderline for the tractor HP.

Thanks

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Caroni from agri-supply.......

Done, over, problem solved.

-J.

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Here's my reasoning.

I bought a Caroni 73" in 2008. Other than one burned out belt, it's run flawlessly. Sold it to my neighbor in 2012 when I got my 12' Rhino, and it's still running great for him.

If mowing reasonable grass, you could go 5' or 6' with a 38HP machine.

The Caroni's are roughly 1/2 the cost of landpride, etc.

Also, GOOD CHOICE on the flail. They are very versatile, bombproof, cut clean when you need, safer than bush hogs, and much easier to maneuver since you don't have a 7' object swinging around behind you.

-J.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's my reasoning.

I bought a Caroni 73" in 2008. Other than one burned out belt, it's run flawlessly. Sold it to my neighbor in 2012 when I got my 12' Rhino, and it's still running great for him.

If mowing reasonable grass, you could go 5' or 6' with a 38HP machine.

The Caroni's are roughly 1/2 the cost of landpride, etc.

Also, GOOD CHOICE on the flail. They are very versatile, bombproof, cut clean when you need, safer than bush hogs, and much easier to maneuver since you don't have a 7' object swinging around behind you.

-J.
I didn't know flails existed until I started reading this form. but just the maneuvering in the woods was enough to sell me on them. The rest is gravy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ky_shawn
1 - 6 of 6 Posts