Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to mount a 48 inch flail mower on my 1025R but since it has no rear controls, I'm wondering if anyone has done this and what solution they came up with - hopefully something that doesn't break the bank.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem at all. You get just get longer supply lines and disconnect the dump/rollback on the loader and connect to those two lines and be able to shift the mower with the loader valve.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
You can add a rear hydraulics, or just use the mid hydraulic outlets.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
You can add a rear hydraulics, or just use the mid hydraulic outlets.
He could also add kit BLV10948 which is a set of hoses and couplers that route the mid-SCV connections to the rear for use with rear implements. You could get this kit for $294 from GFP.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I figured someone would have used the rear hydraulic lines and added a valve/lever/control. I didn't think about using the mid hydraulics, which would avoid having to buy another valve, but then $300 for an extension is not cheap either.

I have the rear hydraulic lines for the backhoe - thought those were standard but looking around I guess those come with the backhoe. So really all I need is a valve and maybe one more line I think.

Also the hydraulic line quick connectors on the JD are JD proprietary I believe?

Also not sure why this thread was moved - My question is specific to the sub compacts which is why I posted the question there.

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
I figured someone would have used the rear hydraulic lines and added a valve/lever/control. I didn't think about using the mid hydraulics, which would avoid having to buy another valve, but then $300 for an extension is not cheap either.
That's using the JD kit. You could certainly go to a local hydraulics shop and get them to make up a hose (or hoses) for a lot less. You wouldn't need a fancy mounting bracket on the back as you could zip-tie them in place if needed.

I have the rear hydraulic lines for the backhoe - thought those were standard but looking around I guess those come with the backhoe. So really all I need is a valve and maybe one more line I think.
Sounds like you have the Power Beyond option which is required for the backhoe.

Also the hydraulic line quick connectors on the JD are JD proprietary I believe?
They are "standard" Pioneer couplers. I say the word standard a bit tongue in cheek because Pioneer makes a boat load of different couplers. Any local hydraulics shop should be able to fix you up with couplers.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
You only need 2 hoses, not 4 like the JD kit has. I estimate about $75.

You can add a valve, there are MANY threads in the Hydraulics forum regarding this.

Those lines are called "Power Beyond", yes they are only generally there when you have a backhoe.

They are 1/4" ISO 5675 "AG" style couplers for the mids, 1/2" for the rear PB connections. Pretty standard in the industry.

Also not sure why this thread was moved - My question is specific to the sub compacts which is why I posted the question there.
I moved it, there is nothing you asked that is specific to a subcompact. The same exact question could be from someone with a 4-series that wants to run side-shift flail and has no rear remotes.
See comments above.

·
Premium Member
9,252 Posts
Like me, sorta. :thumbup1gif:

I have rear hydraulics, but I am waiting till we get to the side-shift flail mower......:munch:

What brand are you looking at?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Titan. Seems pretty cost effective.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Titan. Seems pretty cost effective.
I have one of their non-side shift EFGC-175 flails, they label it as an FMWR but it's a generic EFGC. I made several modifications to how it mounts so that it would be iMatch compatible and to shift the 3 point tower more to the drive belt side so that it is permanently shifted to hang about a foot or so off to the right of the tractor. When I first started looking I thought I wanted hydro side sift as well, but with the way I have it set up I don't need it. As for the quality of the flail, it's smooth running, the welds aren't bad for cheap chinese stuff, the allen head screws that hold the rear roller bearings and the roller scraper were put on with an impact gun and while not completely buggered up are a bit chewed, you'll need to be careful not to strip the head. I can't speak to longevity, I have about 8 hours of run time on it but nothing is messed up yet and I'm running it hard cutting as much brush as I'm cutting grass. I suspect that the bearings for the roller and the bearings for the rotor will be the first items that fail given my prior experience with chinese bearings.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I got the mower. It has the matching quick connects already on the rear of my 1025 for the backhoe. And I bought some more connectors. I decided to use the back (PB) connection so I don't have lines running all over the place. So I'll need to add a control valve.

Looking at this one: Brand Hydraulics Directional Control Valve Amazon.com: Brand Hydraulics Directional Control Valve - 3000 PSI: Gateway
It's also available at Northern Tool for same price.

Any recommendations for better/more cost effective or would this be good?
I haven't worked much with hydraulics but looks like I won't need much more - maybe a few short hoses to facilitate hooking up the valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts