Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached is the disc harrow that arrived today from palletforks.com (Titan). I have had no complaints with them in the past, but you'll notice that the device shipped upside down. I understand why they did that, but it's not clear to me how I'll be able to turn it over. Tools available: my old, decrepit self, one 1025R, pallet forks, bucket, two strong backed sons in law. Suggestions welcome.
Harrow.jpg

·
Registered
942 Posts
Flip it over sideways into the grass with your forks.

·
Premium Member
12,125 Posts
Treat it like its a giant hamburger and flip it, two tries tops and it will be "righted"............You can achieve much of this with simply curling and uncurling the forks. It's easier than you think............I do it all of the time..............

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Paint it green and all will be well...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm afraid it will keep on rolling when I try to flip it. Maybe I'll move it to a small hill and flip it up hill. Weight is 450 lbs. Thanks for the replies.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,404 Posts
The disc's are opposed... if it rolls, it won't go more than a few inches. Use your forks and a strap and flip it right over. No need to overthink it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If your afraid of it rolling when you flip it, tie a strap around it and part of your tractor so it can’t run away. I personally would want to use the strap as much as possible to flip it so forks and or bucket don’t damage something during the flip

·
Registered
2021 2038r MSL
21 Posts
I would pick up one side with a chain around the t of the end and middle frame bars. When you lift it, it will be hanging sideways. Carry to where you want it and rotate it so the chain end will be away from you when backing up. Set it down enough to hold still as you start backing and lower as you back and it will lay it down gently. Then share the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Flip it with the forks on the grass. Won't go anywhere as the discs will cut into the ground.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did it. In fact, it flipped over faster than I thought it would. I wasn't afraid of the wheels rolling - I was afraid of it tumbling down the hill. The iron frame that it came in got bent in the flip when it caught in semi moist soil. All is well. No film though - I'm much too modest.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I did it. In fact, it flipped over faster than I thought it would. I wasn't afraid of the wheels rolling - I was afraid of it tumbling down the hill. The iron frame that it came in got bent in the flip when it caught in semi moist soil. All is well. No film though - I'm much too modest.
The next time you do the flip remove the framework around the discs first.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,805 Posts
I would have hung it with the FEL, drop one side to the ground, back up while dropping the other side.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts