So after grabbing a root with my box blade, and literally ripping the pin thru the outside housing cover.... I did a search, and realized I wasn't the first one to have this happen.
So I decided to take a few photos to show the process. I'll go back and update this with some TQ specs and such, but for now, I can confirm it's as simple as flipping right to left.
It started off innocent enough... helping a neighbor grade a driveway using my 5 foot box blade and my 2520...
Until WHACK, I came to a stop... Caught a root on the right side from a hidden stump.
VS what it should look like...
So, now queue the repair... I took the pressure washer to the machine to remove as much dirt/grass/gunk as possible and had it dry overnight. I then used a nylon brush to get any remaining dirt and grass out of the way, so it didn't fall into the housing.
Jacked up, wheels removed on stands... Drain the overdue to be changed fluid and filter. Then drain each individual rear housing.
Remove all the bolts and BAM, guts.
Note the small bag I through over the remaining gear to keep it clean while scraping the gasket material. For the 2520, you'll need 2 new Gasket's - PN's LVU800349.
Clean it all up, and rebolt it on!