Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Counting my blessings, many displaced, homes wrecked, livestock lost.

My house is many miles from flood areas, but my old '72 Chevy K-20 and fishing boat are stored in an area that is likely under 5-6 feet of water currently.

I'll post pictures when I can.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Its not just Nebraska. It may not be as bad here, But Wi has a lo of flooding do to 50* temps, 1 to 3' of snow and a lot of rain. It warmed up way to fast. I have never seen the local rivers this high in my 50 years.

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Prayers

I hope and pray that all of the good people on this site stay safe and are spared catastrophic damage. Living close to water, I know the power of moving water and hope that nobody is tempted to cross a flooded area on a road and that all houses and equipment are safely up out of the way.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talked to the guys at the storage area today...

They only had 4-6 inches of water, so the truck is DRY!

Dodged a bullet there!

I will be headed out there this weekend to pick up the boat and my old truck. Now that I'm on an acreage and have shop, no need to pay for storage.

·
Premium Member
14,099 Posts
I hope and pray that all of the good people on this site stay safe and are spared catastrophic damage. Living close to water, I know the power of moving water and hope that nobody is tempted to cross a flooded area on a road and that all houses and equipment are safely up out of the way.

Treefarmer
X1

Great news for you that your truck is safe. As others material items can be replaced, lives can't.

Prayers for all in harms way.

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
I pray for any and all who are dealing with the flooding in the Midwest!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts