Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just giving a simple introduction. I've done a lot of forums but usually motorcycles or firearms. I had purchased a Z445 years ago when I had 2.5 acres of yard and it has been a great machine. I have since 2011 added another 7.5 acres of land, first the lot next door became available and then 5 acres behind me. So the old Z445 has been pushing it's limits for a couple of years now. Broke down and purchased a new Z915E with the 54" deck. Nothing fancy but came across this site while looking for information before I purchased so decided to join. Tried to buy from the local dealer by my house in the country but had no luck getting the price I wanted and that was even on a left over 2018 model. I work in a large metro area and so I shopped at a dealer near my home in town and they accepted my offer that I sent to the small town dealer no questions ask on a brand new 2019 with a born on date of April 13th. I must be getting old when I actually look forward to mowing. Oh and best of all I take very good care of my equipment including yearly oil changes, filters and any maintenance that is required. So with only 300 hours on the Z445 my brother was happy to accept my hand me down for his new lake property.

IMG_2828.jpg

·
Administrator
21,132 Posts
:wgtt:

Jump right in and post away. You’re amongst friends here. :drinks:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your old machine looks great. Bet your BIL was happy to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was very happy to get it especially since I had just recently done battery with an AGM battery and had three sets of blades, new belt waiting for the original to fail and kept it in great shape. Never an issue of any kind except for the choke out of adjustment from the factory. I even delivered it to his house, now it's on him to get it to his lake property. :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. How much of that 15 acres do you mow?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. How much of that 15 acres do you mow?

I mow it all but most of it I use for pasture for my big dog. So I only mow the main parts 3 or four times a year while the area around the house I mow almost every week during the spring and summer. Here's a photo of my big dog trying to squeeze a another pony out of my old mower.

IMG_2541.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You're going to need a bigger tractor!!! Enjoy

Probably but so far the old Z445 did the job for a couple of years mowing all of it and the Z915E seems to be a huge improvement and takes a bigger slice per run. I thought about a tractor but then I still have so much regular yard that needs to be mowed but require a mower that is more agile and can get around tight areas better. A tractor would be a little tight in my back yard. :) Oh and a tractor would have eaten into some of my gun money. ha ha ha ha ha

IMG_2832.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,450 Posts
Welcome to GTT Logictox.
Our Z915B has been a real good machine, I'm sure you'll be happy with it.
We too mow horse pasture + the lawn + another property.

IMG_2951.JPG

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Premium Member
10,568 Posts