Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all love the new polycarbonate headlights found on newer vehicles. The shapes that can be made from it are almost endless. The only downfall of them is they get foggy over time. I know there are tons of kits on the market to fix them but from what I've seen they don't work well or don't last. So after washing my truck today I decided to give Flitz a try. I bought the polish a while ago to polish the feed ramps on semiautomatic pistols. Flitz works well on metal and is not very aggressive so the packaging says it is good for plastics.

The processes is easy. I placed a small dab of the polish on a t-shirt rag and with a circular motion applied it to the lens with light pressure. Once the past started to dry I wiped it off of the lens with a clean part of the rag.

Here is a pic of my headlight before:
IMG_0467.JPG

Here is a pic with half of it polished(I placed masking tape on it so there would be a sharp line between polished and not)
IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0469.jpg

·
Administrator
18,300 Posts
Wow, very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Nice, thanks felixm22.

·
Registered
372 Posts
KOWABUNGA....... Good results, good info.....

Reply to post with results of how long it lasts......

Thanks... :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KOWABUNGA....... Good results, good info.....

Reply to post with results of how long it lasts......

Thanks... :thumbup1gif:
Will do.

My guess is that it is clear coat that keeps them from fogging up. Over the years of getting hit with dirt, dust and road spray the clear coat wears off so I may get a rattle can of Duplicolor clear coat and spray them after polishing them to see if it will last longer.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Probably everyone knows but me but where do you buy this stuff?

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably everyone knows but me but where do you buy this stuff?
Most auto parts stores should have it. You can find it with the paint prep stuff. I think the orange big box home improvement store may also stock it.

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts