Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to fold the ROPS on my new 2520 last night and had to use a hammer and punch to get the pins out. Once out, I noticed some generous misalignment between one set of the holes. The pin on one side slid right back in, but the other wasn't even close. I had to use a 3lb sledge and a block of wood to get it back in.

Is it just me or is this not optimum? Does your ROPS function the same way? I envisioned this being a tool free operation.

On a side note, I was also a little dismayed to notice that with the 46 backhoe mounted, the ROPS won't quite fold down far enough to put the pins in the down position. The roll bar hits the backhoe frame a mere few degrees before the pins could go in. Grrr.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Our 4110 is the same way. When folded, only one pin will go in. I am pretty shure that the I-match hits the bar when its folded and the threee point is all the way up...

Maybe they are that way so they do not rattle?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I guess I will consider myself lucky. Mine is just right, snug. I have heard of others having this issue. Some have reamed the holes for a less forceful fit. I wonder if you could shim the support bases to get alignment. :think: It probably wouldn't take much of a shim to get alignment. Just a thought.

·
Administrator
17,513 Posts
The ROPS on my 4110 fits perfectly as well. I even added large O-Rings to keep the pins from rattling.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Part of a proper setup and pre-delivery from your dealer is to ensure ROPS function and fit. For the sake of argument, we will assume this has been done. Is it possible that your ROPS have been "bumped" or bent during use?:grin:

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fair question Kevin. No, it's got about 3.5 hours on the clock at most and hasn't touched anything. When the machine was first delivered, I pulled the spring clips and tugged on the pins by hand. They didn't move at the time but I was focussed on other things and figured they might just be corroded in place a bit.

Randy, I was thinking of loosening all of the ROPS screws/nuts and letting it settle to see if it corrects itself but I'm not getting involved with shims on a brand new machine.

Looks like it's probably another issue to raise with the dealer...

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Agreed. I would call your dealer and tell him your problem. He should respond by sending a tech to assess the situation and makes repairs. He may ask that you bring the tractor in for service, as warranty does not cover travel time. However this sounds like an oversight in dealer setup not a warranty issue. Don't let him con you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fair question Kevin. No, it's got about 3.5 hours on the clock at most and hasn't touched anything. When the machine was first delivered, I pulled the spring clips and tugged on the pins by hand. They didn't move at the time but I was focussed on other things and figured they might just be corroded in place a bit.

Randy, I was thinking of loosening all of the ROPS screws/nuts and letting it settle to see if it corrects itself but I'm not getting involved with shims on a brand new machine.

Looks like it's probably another issue to raise with the dealer...
Chris,

Let me guess. If your standing at the back of the tractor facing forward it was the right side ROPS pin?? :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Chris,

Let me guess. If your standing at the back of the tractor facing forward it was the right side ROPS pin?? :thumbsdown:
My 2320 has the same thing, Chris; and yes, RaisedonDeere, it is on the right side...I'm just going to ream mine out slightly as it very nearly fits the way it is.

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kevin, I agree on all points. This is definitely dealer setup because if it was a factory defect a) it would have been found during inspection and/or b) the tech setting it up should have found the problem and taken action to correct it before delivery.

This ROPS problem is just one of several minor issues I'm having. In this case, I wanted to take a poll whether it is normal or not before adding this one to the pile.

RaisedOnDeere, I wish I could deem you a whimsical fortune teller, but unfortunately the bad side appears to be on the left side of the tractor. I wonder what made you guess it was on a certain side.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
He had a 50/50 chance.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
My 4 month old 2520 Rops fit ok as I can get them both out with a firm pull. But I'm curious...what other issues are you having?Mine are...the dealer didnt install the mesh protection over the loader hoses and when they mounted the power beyond for the backhoe, they didnt re-install the seatbelt mounting clip....or give it too me...and I've requested it 3 times.:thumbsdown:

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've been trying to find the time to bring this up in a new thread, but since you ask, the seatbelt clips are both there, but in odd locations. The right clip is in the normal spot on the ROPS base, but the left side was put behind the seat. I'm going in today to pick up some parts they had to reorder (too long of a story to tell) and I'm thinking of bringing the tractor with to show these gripes. There is also a screw missing from the engine cowl to frame where the blower hose support was to be installed (again long story).

Here are some photos of the belt clips on my 2520. Are anyone elses as such? I think they should both be on the ROPS base, like the right side photos show.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've been trying to find the time to bring this up in a new thread, but since you ask, the seatbelt clips are both there, but in odd locations. The right clip is in the normal spot on the ROPS base, but the left side was put behind the seat. I'm going in today to pick up some parts they had to reorder (too long of a story to tell) and I'm thinking of bringing the tractor with to show these gripes. There is also a screw missing from the engine cowl to frame where the blower hose support was to be installed (again long story).

Here are some photos of the belt clips on my 2520. Are anyone elses as such? I think they should both be on the ROPS base, like the right side photos show.
I believe mine is the same. I will have to look today and verify.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts

Mine was mounted the same. Which is why they had to remove the clip,on the right,as it was where the power beyond is now mounted. I agree,the clips should be on the rops..a whole lot easier to reach when seated.

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I looked at them at the dealer and they are all behind the seat like my left side photos. I agree the power beyond caused the relocation. I don't care for this so I'll make the necessary changes but I'm glad to know that it was done to factory specs.

As for the ROPS, I'm going to try loosening all of the mounting bolts and nuts and see if it settles. Otherwise, the dealer said hell send a tech to replace the ROPS. They are not allowed to modify them, reportedly, which I was glad to hear.

·
GTT Vendor
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update: I spent some time this weekend loosening the ROPS fasteners, hoping the pins would self align and loosen up to no avail. At the same time, I moved the other seat belt mount out to the ROPS base, which I like much better.

However, in the process, I noticed that when the dealer installed the Power Beyond, they installed the hose bracket on the tractor in the wrong holes - they aren't supposed to use the hole for the seat belt bracket. They also added a 90 deg elbow to the hose joint so that the hoses make an immediate bend downward and directly toward the 3pt hitch lift arm. It is completely NOT as illustrated in the installation instructions.

Now, I'm going to pull the rear wheel and look at the other ends of the hoses to see if that 90 deg elbow came from someplace else it should have been.

Hopefully, there may have been some sort of bulletin that instructed them to install this system as such. Otherwise, I'm just about at wits end.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Chris,
Here are my seatbelt mounts straight from the factory. Mine of course do not have the extra fancy additons yours has to accommodate.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts