Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting my 1025R today and I ordered it with the 60D auto-disconnect deck and the 54" front blower. I never thought about it at the time and the dealer never said anything, but I was doing a search and a Kubota guy said on a JD you can't use the front blower with the auto-disconnect deck option and that the dis-connect portion on the pto must be removed before the blower shaft can be installed. For you guys that have to do this, can you tell me what all I have to remove and anything else I will need to do to get ready for the blower. I also have the FEL for it, so I assume after I remove the FEL , the front portion is ready to accept the front hitch part for the blower? Any advice or things that you have ran into would help me. They are predicting a 6+ inch snow storm here in 4 days, so I want to be ready to go out and have fun with it! I ordered this tractor on Valentines day and when I got back home I told my wife that I bought her some JD for a Valentines present. She asked what it stood for and I said, "maybe Jewels and Diamonds" and then she said "You bought a tractor , didn't you"? But so far, she still loves me! Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
As far as I know, you are correct on having to remove the auto connect from the mower deck before connecting your front blower.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393420618.409217.jpg
Best picture I have right now of the auto connect. At most would be the 6 bolts on each side, but there might be an easy way. ( I don't have a blower)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I saw the post saying that it had to be removed, some JD guy replied and said something about also removing the mower lift arms, but I couldn't figure out why those would have to be removed, but I havn't seen it yet, so that will explain a lot.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
As far as I know, you are correct on having to remove the auto connect from the mower deck before connecting your front blower.
View attachment 25609
Best picture I have right now of the auto connect. At most would be the 6 bolts on each side, but there might be an easy way. ( I don't have a blower)
Yep, that has to come off to put the PTO shaft on for the blower. Not a big deal pull 4 pins to remove it. No tools needed, doesn't take long to do.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the 54 inch blower and the auto connect deck. You need to remove the auto connect assembly before attaching the blower. That takes about 2 minutes....once you understand how it attaches/detaches.
My dealer showed me how to attach/detach all my attachments when my tractor was delivered. Hopefully your dealer will too. Good luck with your new tractor!

Reactions: psrumors

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
No you're not :lol:

Congrats
Heck one whole H3ll of lot easier than my new holland was. Like has been said, 4 pins..... My blower was delivered in 5 boxes. I installed myself and saved 500 bucks. That was easy too. Love my JD!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats.
I know how you feel I'm expecting one on Friday.
Don't figure we'll here from you any more today as I'm bettin your still out in the garage looking at the tractor!! Enjoy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats.
I know how you feel I'm expecting one on Friday.
Don't figure we'll here from you any more today as I'm bettin your still out in the garage looking at the tractor!! Enjoy
You are gonna love it! I've only had mine for 1 day and I just like to stare at it. From the front it looks like it's angry and wants to whoop on a Kubota or something! A lot of levers to figure out what all of them do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
One thing when you take the autoconnect off. There are two connectors that look like an eyebolt with an off angle rectangular loop. Take a picture of how they are oriented. There are two ways to put them in that look the same... but aren't. Switching the orientation will make it frustratingly impossible to get the autoconnect to work when you put it back on. Drove me nuts.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing when you take the autoconnect off. There are two connectors that look like an eyebolt with an off angle rectangular loop. Take a picture of how they are oriented. There are two ways to put them in that look the same... but aren't. Switching the orientation will make it frustratingly impossible to get the autoconnect to work when you put it back on. Drove me nuts.
Thanks for the heads up because I will be taking it off today. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
also count the threads, or mark the length some how. If it gets turned this will effect the MMM levelness. I have been thinking of adding a jam nut to mine, but haven't yet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really appreciate all of your help. I can see where I probably would have removed those eyebolt things and never even noticed that they could go on either way. And I was smart enough that as soon as I removed them, I put a piece of masking tape so they wouldn't turn on the threads and marked which side they came off of. I think I will also look for some jamb nuts like you mentioned. Thanks again for the tips!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Love these explanations guys, I had heard that the removal for the front blower was needed but was worried about the complexity, this really puts my mind at ease if I decide to someday invest in a front blower. If we keep having winters like these, that day may be closer than I thought.....
The FEL has done a fabulous job, but, as I have to plow my way from my shed to my driveway, I make paths, and with every successive snowfall, the plowing gets worse, a blower would help with that. Doesn't anyone have the total investment required for the streetprice of the blower and quik attach for the 1023e/1026r/1025r?

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Doesn't anyone have the total investment required for the streetprice of the blower and quik attach for the 1023e/1026r/1025r?
If you are talking about new, the total list price for front hitch, PTO & 47 snow blower is $3553. The dealer should give a discount, but that will depend on the dealer.

With winter coming to an end (I keep hoping) you may find some good deals on used ones.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Love these explanations guys, I had heard that the removal for the front blower was needed but was worried about the complexity, this really puts my mind at ease if I decide to someday invest in a front blower. If we keep having winters like these, that day may be closer than I thought.....
The FEL has done a fabulous job, but, as I have to plow my way from my shed to my driveway, I make paths, and with every successive snowfall, the plowing gets worse, a blower would help with that. Doesn't anyone have the total investment required for the streetprice of the blower and quik attach for the 1023e/1026r/1025r?
According to the price breakdown on my paperwork the 54" blower and the front end quick hitch and everything required to connect it all is $3450.00. I had a 47" blower on a 445 for the last 16 years and I will say a blower is awesome for clearing the snow. You don't end up with piles and you can keep moving without having to stop and dump a bucket. The only problem I had woth the 445 was if the snow was heavy and wet, I'd run out of power. That should be solved with the new diesel. There is one downside to a blower. It's kinda like when someone dies and they have the reading of the will and all kinds of friends and relatives show up. The blower has the same affect. You will find that the neighbors that never even say Hi to you will all of a sudden become very friendly and the old lady across the street will start bringing over cookies. I would say if a person goes to see a phsyciatrist because they have no friends. My advice to them-Buy a snowblower!

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
According to the price breakdown on my paperwork the 54" blower and the front end quick hitch and everything required to connect it all is $3450.00. I had a 47" blower on a 445 for the last 16 years and I will say a blower is awesome for clearing the snow. You don't end up with piles and you can keep moving without having to stop and dump a bucket. The only problem I had woth the 445 was if the snow was heavy and wet, I'd run out of power. That should be solved with the new diesel. There is one downside to a blower. It's kinda like when someone dies and they have the reading of the will and all kinds of friends and relatives show up. The blower has the same affect. You will find that the neighbors that never even say Hi to you will all of a sudden become very friendly and the old lady across the street will start bringing over cookies. I would say if a person goes to see a phsyciatrist because they have no friends. My advice to them-Buy a snowblower!
When I lived in town I had a Polaris Scrambler and a 60" blade. I met a lot of new friends with it on snow days also. How weird is that? :unknown:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I'm not sure of the current price of the blower. The front blower is nice to have. But, a rear blower with a loader / plow can work well to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts