Registered
^^x6^^

Premium Member
X8

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
^^^^^X9^^^^

GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
I'm sorry to break our chain here guys, but I just have to post this. Happy Father's Day to all the dads!! I hope that your kids get to spend time with you, even if just on the phone. My dad has been gone many years, and I still miss him every day. I wish that I had spent more time with him, learning all that he knew, but we all find certain times of our lives that we want to have a little fun, or go do our own thing, and become who we were meant to be. But I am thankful for his time, patience and teaching, and sharing all that he did with me. I think of him every time I do an oil change on my tractor, and every time I fire it up to work. I miss him more today, than yesterday, and will miss him more tomorrow still.

I have always loved to dance. If I wanted to go out, but didn't want to have to worry about some drunk hitting on me, I'd ask dad to go dancing with me. He never turned me down! I drank, even back then, so he usually told me that I was "not a cheap date"! But we spent more time dancing that I did drinking anyway.

I love and miss you daddy!!!!

And for any of you that think trucks and tractors are for you to spend time with your sons and grandsons, think again. Maybe not every girl is into such things, but give your daughters and granddaughters a chance to learn about them. Let them gain the skill of operating them safely, and understanding the basics of how they work. The memories made will grow stronger with them as they grow through life, maybe even more than with the boys. Not only will you be making great memories, but she won't be able to be taken by every car salesman and mechanic out there either!

Again, sorry to sort of "derail" the thread, but I couldn't think of a better time and place to put this.

Registered
If when we are gone, and our daughter can write something like farmgirl wrote about us, we can say we did a good job as a Dad. Your Dad was special, farmgirl. My Dad has been gone for thirty years and I think about him every single day.

Premium Member
Great day with two of my three kids and their other halfs plus the grandboy. Love my family!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Happy Father's Day everyone and farmgirl - I couldn't think of a more appropriate "derailment" than what you posted.:thumbup1gif:

Registered
My daughter called yesterday. ( lives in Chicago). I used to take her every Wednesday night for Polar Bear Ashburns ice cream. Especially before I got custody of her. She was taking my grand kids in remembrance of our time. I had forgot all about that. Made my day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts