Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1987 John Deere 430 Diesel Lawn and Garden Tractor
I will attach more pictures in the next listing

1,847 hours on original working hour meter (I am the second owner; tractor was purchased from a John Deere dealership in 2006 or 2007)

3-Point hitch and rear PTO (shaft, not pulley version)
Rear 12v electrical outlet (for sprayer, etc.) with dash switch
New glow plugs installed 4 years ago by Yanmar diesel technician (I don’t do engine work)
Shut-off solenoid was replaced with an ag-style pull shutoff (same diesel technician)
New flexible pipe exhaust to new external muffler. Looks close to the deck in the pictures, but there is good clearance.
New front tires about 200 hours ago
Original paint (flag decals from first owner)
Includes brackets (installed) for Material Collection System (MCS)

Replacement seat installed as pictured
Original full suspension seat (not the C-shaped steel supports) included

60-inch mower deck
Lower side of deck in great condition, surface rust on outside of deck looks worse in the pictures than it is. Rust through by exit chute and one part of front of deck, see pictures, 1-inch putty knife in pictures for perspective. Boot for attachment of MCS or other grass catcher included (not in good condition)

Front frame and PTO extensions
Front Quick Hitch so blade/broom/snow blower from 425/445/455 and newer X700, etc. can be used on this tractor. Also fits 420.
Front suitcase weight bracket (works with or without frame extension)

Original printed Technical Service manual (TM-1309)

3-Point suitcase weight bracket

48” 2,000 RPM John Deere tiller in excellent condition with all parts included, i.e. not missing skid shoes, shields, etc.

I purchased this tractor in 2006 or 2007 and have used it since then.
I used this tractor this winter to move snow a with blade on the quick hitch throughout the Wisconsin winter and did not have any starting problems with the tractor housed in an unheated garage. I have a broom on my 445 which I used for lighter snow removal.
I mowed every other week last summer with this tractor, alternating with my 445 and used it with the MCS for fall leaf and grass collection.

I am selling this tractor because I want one with a front-end-loader and drive-over attachable deck to make life easier on my back. My 445 will also be for sale once my new tractor arrives.

Cash only, I will not finance. $8,000
I would like to sell this as a package, but will entertain offers for individual items.

I should not have to mention this, but if you are contacting me to “help me sell” please do not waste my or your time.

Thank you for your consideration.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. The tiller has been sold and the tractor (rest of listing) spoken for too.

Thanks again for your consideration.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.