Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have expressed concern, I thought I would let you know that I have upgraded the Honda Accord to a Honda Ridgeline. And Yes, I'm working on getting a bigger trailer.:kidw_truck_smiley:

CIMG4978.JPG View attachment IMG_3679.JPG

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Can I tow my 584 IH with my Honda CR-X?? :dunno:

These Hondas' are tough!! :good2:

Nice looking Ridgeline,,, I wanted a Ridgeline,, the wife wanted the CR-X,,, :flag_of_truce:
We got a CR-X,,, :laugh:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Can I tow my 584 IH with my Honda CR-X?? :dunno:

These Hondas' are tough!! :good2:

Nice looking Ridgeline,,, I wanted a Ridgeline,, the wife wanted the CR-X,,, :flag_of_truce:
We got a CR-X,,, :laugh:

tough? try doing that every day with little maintenance for 200k:laugh::greentractorride:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
The reason for sagging ,,look in the bed of the Ridgeline,, Looks the forks for fel is in the bed, plus guessing a slight dip between driveway and yard. My Odyssey can tow 3500 guessing Ridgeline is same or more

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Christy loves our Ridgeline. So much so that she stole it from me. She now uses it as her daily commute vehicle.

The Ridgeline is rated to tow 5000 lbs. I'm not at all concerned about the photos above (from the truck's standpoint). The rear wheels are in a 'ditch' of sorts.

That little trailer forces the OP to put more of the weight of the tractor on the tongue than would be desired.

In any case, this is a huge step forward over the Accord.

Here is our initial Ridgeline review

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
The reason for sagging ,,look in the bed of the Ridgeline,, Looks the forks for fel is in the bed, plus guessing a slight dip between driveway and yard. My Odyssey can tow 3500 guessing Ridgeline is same or more
You look just fine.? When you're in a dip things can look exaggerated. The wheel wells look even.

As you said the trailer, your gonna work on.?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Hiya,

You do realize that with a larger tow vehicle and a bigger trailer to match, you could get a bigger tractor...... Just pointing that out :good2:

·
Administrator
20,880 Posts
Hiya,

You do realize that with a larger tow vehicle and a bigger trailer to match, you could get a bigger tractor...... Just pointing that out :good2:
:lol::lol::lol:

Good luck with your new Ridgeline Swampmule. :good2:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hiya,

Sounds like a vicious circle...get a bigger truck. ..than a bigger trailer. ..than you load more on it and it still isn't big enough. ..rinse and repeat.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good eye. The yard is lower than the driveway and the forks are in the back. The towing capacity is 5000 pounds and the payload is 1550 pounds.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Good eye. The yard is lower than the driveway and the forks are in the back. The towing capacity is 5000 pounds and the payload is 1550 pounds.
GVWR is the total of truck, passengers, fuel, cargo and trailer/tractor. It is the absolute maximum that your combination can weigh going down to road. Exceed this limit and you can have a very bad day.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
GVWR is the total of truck, passengers, fuel, cargo and trailer/tractor. It is the absolute maximum that your combination can weigh going down to road. Exceed this limit and you can have a very bad day.
Shouldn't the bold part be "the tongue weight," which would depend on positioning of the tractor on the trailer?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think you mean GCWR, the C stands for the combined total truck and trailer which is 10088 The total on the truck side is at 6050 GVRW.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think you mean GCWR, the C stands for the combined total truck and trailer which is 10088 The total on the truck side is at 6050 GVRW.
I stand corrected.
If those are the ridge lines numbers you should be okay. Even with a larger trailer.

Reactions: BigJim55 and 89420

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Shouldn't the bold part be "the tongue weight," which would depend on positioning of the tractor on the trailer?
Tongue weight is also a real important number to figure out.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
37 Posts
Christy loves our Ridgeline. So much so that she stole it from me. She now uses it as her daily commute vehicle.

The Ridgeline is rated to tow 5000 lbs. I'm not at all concerned about the photos above (from the truck's standpoint). The rear wheels are in a 'ditch' of sorts.

That little trailer forces the OP to put more of the weight of the tractor on the tongue than would be desired.

I try to catch up on your latest vids, I like to see the whole fam getting involved working with the JD. If anyone wants to see some good/ fun projects getting done I highly recommend checking out "Tractor Time with Tim." The song is still a work in progress. :lol:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts

Lol
I love that your wife got in trunk in video.
That's something my wife would do as well.
I gotta say, i have never been a big fan of the Ridgeline. On a looks perspective. Never really been around one though either.
Love Honda though. My first car was a 78 civic when i first got my license.

Just like this one but it had SS stripes on hood. lol
Thing was unstoppable.

1978_Honda_Civic_211.jpg

But that thing has some real sweet features! Love the trunk and the video when making right turn.:good2:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Lol
I love that your wife got in trunk in video.
That's something my wife would do as well.
I gotta say, i have never been a big fan of the Ridgeline. On a looks perspective. Never really been around one though either.

But that thing has some real sweet features! Love the trunk and the video when making right turn.:good2:
I couldn't handle the looks of the old/original Ridgeline (in the photo by the OP). However, now that they got rid of the sloping sides (whatever they are called), I think it looks pretty good.

1. You won't find another truck which rides as nicely as this.
2. Driving position is MUCH better than the Toyota Tacoma for a 'vertically challenged' person like Christy and Katriel.
3. Fuel economy better than most full size trucks, and much better than the Tacoma.
4. Handles 4x8 sheets of stuff flat in the bed (unlike the other mid-size trucks
5. Almost no 'wheel well' sticking up into the bed.
6. Quiet inside (F150 is also very quiet)
7. Trunk is amazing. VERY large, and useful.
8. Easy to park (shorter overall than my old Tacoma. MUCH shorter than full size trucks).
- Fits in my garage (F150 would not).

I had a 2wd 4cyl 2006 Tacoma which I loved, but Christy and Katriel hated driving. We needed more 'umph' to pull our trailer, but didn't want a full size truck. The only practical options were the new Tacoma and the Ridgeline (Nissan design is 10+ years old).

One drive in the Ridgeline was all it took. The search was over.

Now, we have folks coming up to us all the time saying how much they love the old Ridgeline. Apparently they weren't put off by the looks. We've never found anyone dissatisfied with their Ridgeline (new or old).

We have a few 'complaints'. The Apple car-play is not well integrated with the right turn camera you mentioned. For instance, if you are in the middle of dictating a txt and use the signal, it loses you entire txt entry, forgetting entirely what it was doing. This is not an acceptable integration in my opinion. Overall, the Apple car play is a great feature, but just doesn't seem to be fully polished yet.

There is no 'built-in' brake controller available. I hated adding an aftermarket 'under-dash' brake controller. ...at least we got another fun video out of that.

Anyway, after 6 months, we still love the truck, and believe it is the best option for our needs.

I believe we will be seeing more "unibody" trucks in the future. There are simply too many advantages to ignore this design approach.

No truck expert here...just my opinions.

Tim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts