Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I have noticed a lot of you that make your own attachments, that you paint them the JOHN DEERE green. I have a pull behind sprayer that I would like to repaint. I used rattle cans that didn't produce the nice shine that I was expecting. So.....

The question(s) for you all that paint your attachments are:
1) What manufacture for the Primer and John Deere green
2) Do you use rattle cans or use an air compressor sprayer
3) If you use a air compressor, what pressure do you spray at.

Thanks,
Dennie

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Old 55 tractor and implement paint. Put it on with a roller. It could be sprayed but I didn't think it necessary for my box scraper. The finish was better than expected and has help up well.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I use KRYLON Farm & Implement paint. John Deere green, perfect match. Rattle cans

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Valspar primer, JD Green. I use the cheap HVLP sprayers from Harbor Freight. They are good for 3 or 4 uses.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Surface prep is 95% of the "great looking paint". It's amazing what rattle can paint can look like with proper prep and technique. If you're going the HVLP/air compressor method, it depends on the HVLP gun, nozzle size and paint + thinner viscosity. (Easier than it sounds).

·
Premium Member
6,674 Posts
Like Mike, I use Valspar. I have great results using the enamel with hardener. I apply it with a foam roller.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts