Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit a dog on my way home from work, poor guy didn't make it, my bumper also suffered significant damage so I decided to make one instead of looking for one at the wreckers.

Still need to add some LED lights to it now, mount the licence plate, and powder coat.

Probably going to end up making a rear bumper and headache rack now cause I like the front bumper, will post pics when I get there.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
20,280 Posts
Wow. Impressive. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,642 Posts
Did you have to beef up the front end at all? I've owned 2 Rangers and I'm guessing that new bumper weighs just a wee bit more than the factory bumper. :bigthumb:
Had the same question.

Nice job wilkinsondom. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Nice job!!!! I recently also hit a dog at night and no longer drive at night with my car. Damage was $1850. I added a replacement bumper/grille to the front of my pickup and now drive it at night due to the large number of deer/vehicle accidents around here and it is worse now that it is hunting season. 21 of these accidents in the local county paper last week. Most I have seen is 31 and that was last fall. My replacement bumper/grille weighs 300lbs, so you really need to think about the extra weight on the front end. My F250 was already light in the rear, making it completely helpless in slick weather. Now it is even worse. Still undecided what to do about any need to beef up the front springs.

Dave

bumper1.jpg

Sorry, no pics yet after installation.

·
Registered
21,134 Posts
Nice job!!!! I recently also hit a dog at night and no longer drive at night with my car. Damage was $1850. I added a replacement bumper/grille to the front of my pickup and now drive it at night due to the large number of deer/vehicle accidents around here and it is worse now that it is hunting season. 21 of these accidents in the local county paper last week. Most I have seen is 31 and that was last fall. My replacement bumper/grille weighs 300lbs, so you really need to think about the extra weight on the front end. My F250 was already light in the rear, making it completely helpless in slick weather. Now it is even worse. Still undecided what to do about any need to beef up the front springs.

Dave

View attachment 492482

Sorry, no pics yet after installation.
That’s more like what I would need around here - very nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts