Doesn't seem to be a problem for trucks that just sit in driveways. :mocking:
:lolol:

I'll have you know though that I did witness him driving it once. :laugh:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,420 Posts

Hope you snapped a pic of that, such a photographically documented rarity could be worth money one day.

It would be right up there with the ivory bill woodpecker, bigfoot, UFOs, etc.,etc. :thumbup1gif: :lol:

·
Administrator
17,300 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I did too :mocking:
So...............................that's twice, his odds of a fire are greatly increasing. :lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Doesn't seem to be a problem for trucks that just sit in driveways. :mocking:
I'll have you know, it's almost time for the 5th oil change. :lol:
Once a year regardless. :hide:

Hope you snapped a pic of that, such a photographically documented rarity could be worth money one day.
It would be right up there with the ivory bill woodpecker, bigfoot, UFOs, etc.,etc. :thumbup1gif: :lol:
:banghead:
Must be time to change the oil in the new tractor, No? OH wait..................... :lol:

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Must be time to change the oil in the new tractor, No? OH wait..................... :lol:
:lolol: Have you no sympathy?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Interesting, my 2016 f250 may be effected. I have a block heater, but have never used it. There really is no need to plug gas engines in around here.
You know, I just assumed my 2015 F150 didn't have one, maybe it does. :dunno:
Thanks.

·
Registered
11,407 Posts

I saw him also when he drove it the other time.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
That's three, we just need one more witness to step forward and we can verify his need for a 5th oil change. :lol:

Honestly though, leave it to Ford to put a block heater on a gas engine. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I live a sheltered life down here just below the mason dixon line where temps are mostly moderate (thankfully) and I never realized they put block heaters on gas engines. Of course I know about block heaters on diesels, but never heard of them for gassers. :dunno: I guess that's one new thing I learned today and since that is my limit I can go back to bed. :good2:

Is that to warm the oil to minimize wear on start up? I'll check back for the answer tomorrow and that will check off tomorrows Learn a New Thing requirement. :mocking:

I hope they fired the bean counter that decided to save $.02 per truck by eliminating the dab of grease.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did Kenny or PJR832 pay you to say that? :lol:

Is setting the engine on fire one of Fords "Better Ideas" for a block heater?
It's damn good thing I don't drive mine. :think:

·
Registered
21,498 Posts
I live a sheltered life down here just below the mason dixon line where temps are mostly moderate (thankfully) and I never realized they put block heaters on gas engines. Of course I know about block heaters on diesels, but never heard of them for gassers. :dunno: I guess that's one new thing I learned today and since that is my limit I can go back to bed. :good2:

Is that to warm the oil to minimize wear on start up? I'll check back for the answer tomorrow and that will check off tomorrows Learn a New Thing requirement. :mocking:

I hope they fired the bean counter that decided to save $.02 per truck by eliminating the dab of grease.
I think dieselshadow has posted in the past about living in Alaska where most all vehicles have block heaters. In the towns there were cords on all the parking meters so you could plug in while doing your business in town.

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts
I think dieselshadow has posted in the past about living in Alaska where most all vehicles have block heaters. In the towns there were cords on all the parking meters so you could plug in while doing your business in town.
Yes, this is true. Everywhere you go in Alaska, it's very common to see "Head Bolt Outlets" in front of homes and businesses. You'll see either a fence of sorts with only a top rail that has outlets all along it, outlets every so often along side a building, or even concrete posts with outlets on them.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
That's three, we just need one more witness to step forward and we can verify his need for a 5th oil change. :lol:

Honestly though, leave it to Ford to put a block heater on a gas engine. :banghead:
Because the ones offered by GM and RAM don't count? :)

In all seriousness, block heaters aren't "only" to help cold-start on Diesel engines, they also protect against block damage in extremely cold climates. If your engine block gets down to extremely low temps and then you start the motor, it will heat up "very fast" and there's a good chance that the expansion of the metals will cause damage. Not to mention the issues that could arise just from the extreme cold if you don't keep the block from dipping way down into the low numbers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts