Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are unbelievable . All this and OSHA approved and making top buck. Hey wait a minute, I need some JD weights. Forged while you wait, with your name pounded in ,please pull up to the next window. P.S. We don't use safety gear, we are very careful.:laugh:

https://youtu.be/sXmKHGqfFlc

·
Administrator
17,558 Posts
Pretty cool!

·
Super Moderator
7,955 Posts
Wow. Talk about quality control...........but very interesting. :hi:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,545 Posts
Never saw anything like that before!!!
Take a big block of red hot iron and beat the hell out of it by mostly guesstimate I think and come out with something usable.
Amazing to watch. :good2:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,219 Posts
Gotta admit, they did the work and weren't afraid of working. And it came out great in the end.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Although this is an interesting video, I have worked around hot steel in my younger days. Getting as close as they are getting to that red hot steel with one layer of clothing on is sure to cause burns or depending on the material their clothing are made of, they would go up in flames.
I wondering what type of clothing they are wearing to get that close and not go up in flames or at least be burned because of the intense heat!

Makes me wonder sometimes if these videos are real!! Just saying!! :dunno:

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've bought Tens of Millions of Dollars of open die forgings similar in process to that flange, but most were larger. If I saw a " facility" like that I would cancel every open order and never talk to them again. Look up companies like Scot Forge, A. Finkle, Elwood City Forge, Interstate Forge, all world class forging suppliers. The facility on the video had too much in common with Baltimore Specialty Steel Corp. Except their forge shop had a roof!

Most open die forgings are typically made from alloy steel, and most that I bought were precipitation hardening stainless steel. The parts need the improved strength and mechanical properties of the forging and resulting reduction of area. The stainless forgings had an ASTM sonic test requirement too.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Hiya,

Wonder if Harbor Freight is going to be carrying that forge? :unknown:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts