Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nieces husband has a 2017 Ford F150. He and a co-worker take turns driving to the jobsite. When he doesn't drive he parks his truck at one of those "Park and Ride" lots located around the area. Today he was parked at one along a major highway.

When he returned to his truck he noticed a big wet spot under the truck and was shocked to learn that someone had crawled under the truck, drilled a huge hole in the bottom of his fuel tank and had drained all the gasoline.

Gas around here has been $2.85-$2.95 for a long time but in recent weeks has seen a spike to $3.07-$3.17. Imagine what thieves are doing in CA with gas prices reaching $5.99?

Premium Member
WOW,, thieves are getting dumber an dumber.

Premium Member
Them鈥檚 the breaks when you park your vehicle in a public parking spot.

Premium Member
We have seen an increase of gas tank sales when northern va had very little gas stations with fuel we saw a few of them come in with holes drilled most of time insurance paid the bill some tanks run well over 1k in price plus labor

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Registered
Thief was last seen with a cordless drill in one hand, and carrying a plastic bag of gasoline in the other. :rolleyes:
....sprinting as fast as he could....with a flame following in his path about 2 seconds behind. 馃敟馃敟馃敟馃敟

"Officer, I have no idea how he caught fire. By the way, can you spare a light - I seem to have run out of matches."

Registered
Better use a brushless drill馃槀
With a plastic tank, it could have been a hand drill.

Besides the gas, the owner has a towing bill and a replacement gas tank. If the thief had the gas burn him up, it might be karma.

Treefarmer

Registered
Seriously. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔 How stupid & desperate you gotta be. Morons!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Them鈥檚 the breaks when you park your vehicle in a public parking spot.
How does one avoid parking a vehicle in a public parking spot? 馃榾

Premium Member
All you can do is hope they get caught and charged with every one of them that has the same size hole. If you caught him you鈥檇 have to decide on calling the police or dropping a smoke.

Registered
All you can do is hope they get caught and charged with every one of them that has the same size hole. If you caught him you鈥檇 have to decide on calling the police or dropping a smoke.
That is the problem though. They will be made out to be victims and we will be lucky that they get a slap on the wrist.

Car jackings are a big problem not too far from where I live. Most of the time it is just someone "needing" to get from point A to point B. You know it isn't for a job but they need to get there somehow. Why pay for an uber when you can just car jack someone, drive to about a block away from your destination and dump the car. Well they normally cut the catalytic converter off at some point in the process.

Premium Member
I have been to minneapolis many times in the past. Getting carjacked was the last thing on my mind. Sad.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

Premium Member
That is the problem though. They will be made out to be victims and we will be lucky that they get a slap on the wrist.

Car jackings are a big problem not too far from where I live. Most of the time it is just someone "needing" to get from point A to point B. You know it isn't for a job but they need to get there somehow. Why pay for an uber when you can just car jack someone, drive to about a block away from your destination and dump the car. Well they normally cut the catalytic converter off at some point in the process.
That鈥檚 what im saying. If you leave your vehicle in a place someone can get to it, there鈥檚 a possibility it can get taken for a ride or gas drilled outta it. Cant trust anyone. Best to not park there or take the bus or train.

Don鈥檛 like that answer, buy a beater and park it there

1 - 20 of 89 Posts