Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads...I left the house this mourning and forgot to grab the bolt for my quick hitch top hook bolts. I want to replace them with pins as I found out last night I need to remove the hook at times for my rear blade that isn't compatible, but not sure of the size. Was hoping to stop on the way home with the bolt and size something up and forgot the bolt, even though I set a reminder! Assuming they are all about the same size.

I searched the forums, I seen one post that mentioned 1/2". Is that the correct size? Any idea on length?

Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
What quick hitch?

Most imported ones use a 12mm bolt, so a 1/2" pin should work.

If its a true iMatch, then a 5/8" pin will work.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What quick hitch?

Most imported ones use a 12mm bolt, so a 1/2" pin should work.

If its a true iMatch, then a 5/8" pin will work.

Probably one that isn't that popular. I didn't want to mess with bushings. So far it is working pretty good except for my old blade I have. Hitch I have is: RanchEx 3pt Quick Hitch

Any idea on length?

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
About 2-1/2” minimum.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks! Saved me a special trip! Wanted to bring the bolt with me and hit TSC on the way home and not have to make a special 1/2 hour trip just for a couple of pins!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I have the same Quick Hitch. My top 3-point link pin is 3/4" and the steel bracket is 2 1/2" wide OD so you need aprox 3 1/2" x 3/4" Bolt to replace it if you want some sticking out for a nut. The smaller bolts are 1/2" that hold the hook into the bracket. 100_3483.JPG 100_3484.JPG

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have the same Quick Hitch. My top 3-point link pin is 3/4" and the steel bracket is 2 1/2" wide OD so you need aprox 3 1/2" x 3/4" Bolt to replace it if you want some sticking out for a nut. The smaller bolts are 1/2" that hold the hook into the bracket. View attachment 686592 View attachment 686594
I think he's talking about the 2 bolts that hold the QH top hook, to the QH frame. He wants to make that hook a quick detach with pins, so he can move it up and down in height, for implements that aren't all spaced the same.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I think he's talking about the 2 bolts that hold the QH top hook, to the QH frame. He wants to make that hook a quick detach with pins, so he can move it up and down in height, for implements that aren't all spaced the same.
Those are the 1/2" dia. ones and 2 1/2" would work OK to put a nut on the other end. I also was thinking of pins for those bolts. When they welded the plates on they came in a little and the hook was so tight I had to hit the plates to open them up some. So far just one setting for all my stuff. Tolerances are too close and things can hang up trying to change implements if a little out of level. Still working a couple bugs out of mine on that part. I was worried about slop when I bought it but the fit is like a glove and could use a little more slop. Figure using it will wear the parts freer fitting in no time.

Here is a picture of the bushing fit on the lower links. I made my own bushings for them. Have not used the top one yet till I see this is a problem and not make it harder to switch back and forth? 100_3487.JPG 100_3489.JPG Top Link Picture

PS The Paint Job on the Ranch EX is no good to start off with and all chipping off in a few week?

·
Registered
335 Posts
To get away from the hassle of bolts on my Q.H. I bought a couple of T topped pins from Tractor Supply that were 1/2" dia. and used a single hair pin to tie them together. Since I'm using a Harbor Freight quick hitch, I did need to bore the bolt holes out to 1/2" since they were a tad undersize.
I also modified the " Hook" by moving the mounting holes in the hook back an inch for more clearance

G

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
I like those pins. Your hook is deeper then mine I could not drill out behind the original holes. It is a close fit when my top hook snags the box blade or the rear blade. Haven't tried it on the Brush hog but the 50+- year old rear snow blower can hook to it no problem. The John Deere Quick Hitch is so much nicer looking but things get beat up on the back of my tractor using them.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like those pins. Your hook is deeper then mine I could not drill out behind the original holes. It is a close fit when my top hook snags the box blade or the rear blade.
My hook probably wasn’t any “deeper” than yours before I welded in a steel spacer to the back of it. Then I drilled new holes for the pins in the spacer block.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To get away from the hassle of bolts on my Q.H. I bought a couple of T topped pins from Tractor Supply that were 1/2" dia. and used a single hair pin to tie them together. Since I'm using a Harbor Freight quick hitch, I did need to bore the bolt holes out to 1/2" since they were a tad undersize.
I also modified the " Hook" by moving the mounting holes in the hook back an inch for more clearance

G
I didn't see those, I might have over looked them, that is a nice setup! Like the "one" clip as well! I got 1/2" pins and I think it said 3" long and they fit pretty good.

Thanks all to those that replied!! Saved me a 1/2 hour drive each way having to come home from work, get the pin and then drive back to go to TSC and back home again!

Didn't rain all day and on my way home just after pulling out of TSC it rained for 5 minutes and the sun came out. Rained just enough that I couldn't finish grading my yard! Hopefully I'll be able to finish that part of the yard over the weekend!

·
Administrator
17,979 Posts
Just an FYI, we sell custom made pins for each QH.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Just an FYI, we sell custom made pins for each QH.
And there is NO WAY to get one of those aluminum can covers with the KBOH logo on it when you buy at a Box Store......what are those called, "a Koolie"?

Not to mention, who wouldn't want one of those "KBOH Tee Shirts which are on sale" for $12.00??

So order from KBOH and never be disappointed.........If you go to KBOH website and can't find items you need / want for your tractor, you aren't trying hard enough to get the most out of your machine. :good2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts