Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally took some time to build my dolly . It took a little while to gather up the parts I thought I might need . I wasn't sure how I was going to build it , so I just winged it going by the picture on Artillian's website . (hope they don't mind I built my own) .

Fork Bucket Dolly 001.JPG

Fork Bucket Dolly 003.JPG

Fork Bucket Dolly 005.JPG
Got to do a little TIG welding ....

Fork Bucket Dolly 007.JPG

Fork Bucket Dolly 008.JPG

Fork Bucket Dolly 009.JPG

Now it needs paint , but that's another day ......

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Looks good what size channel is that??

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, was wondering about the weight rating on the casters, also where did you buy them?
I got them at Harbor Fright . I want to say about 225 # each ?!?! :dunno:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good what size channel is that??
It's actually "c" channel as a metal building would be made from . It is 4" and lighter than the 5" structural channel I was going to use . :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it painted today . Decided to paint it JD yellow since everything on it is JD green .

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

on to the next project ..... later

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the backhoe on and needed to move my trailer . So I took the original fork dollies that I had previously made and used one of them to make a ball hitch to use on my forks . Burned a hole in one of them and attached the ball to it . Slip it on the fork and viola , trailer moving from the front . I won't be able to use on a loaded trailer as the ball is way out on the end of the fork , but It will move an empty trailer easy peasy . :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts