Green Tractor Talk banner

Please select your tractor and fork combination

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
I selected SCUT with 42" but really they are 48". Everybody wants longer forks.
Sometimes, as soon as Artillian comes out with the extensions! Half the cost, twice the length, what's not to like.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
I bought the 42" forks, expecting to use them for pallets that I will start collecting soon. In the meantime, I've been trying to use them for digging and transplanting some small trees and shrubs and find that my 1026R has a lack of power and weight for what I am trying to do. So I will be ordering a set of 24" tines in the near future. The 42's are great for moving logs and brush, but their length doesn't give me the leverage I need, or I've been trying to move too much.

In any case, I'm happy I bought them and just figure the shorter ones will expand their usefulness.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the 42" forks, expecting to use them for pallets that I will start collecting soon. In the meantime, I've been trying to use them for digging and transplanting some small trees and shrubs and find that my 1026R has a lack of power and weight for what I am trying to do. So I will be ordering a set of 24" tines in the near future. The 42's are great for moving logs and brush, but their length doesn't give me the leverage I need, or I've been trying to move too much.

In any case, I'm happy I bought them and just figure the shorter ones will expand their usefulness.

Just my 2 cents.
For digging you can't beat the 24" forks. I use them on my 2305 and they work great even on pallets. slkpk

·
Registered
982 Posts
I think this is the first poll I have ever responded to where I ended up in the highest percentage group. Does this make me normal?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
I think this is the first poll I have ever responded to where I ended up in the highest percentage group. Does this make me normal?
I don't think any of us are normal. But I like it!:good2:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have both the 42" and 24" and I like them equally. For carrying logs and brush ....42's hands down. For tearing up roots and stumps the 24's are perfect.For picking up my 60D for service work it is the 42's again. Depends on the application but if I had to chose one it would be the 42's.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I made a set of 48" forks for my 1025R

·
Premium Member
2,893 Posts
I made a set of 48" forks for my 1025R
Ditto, show us your forks! OK, that just sounds weird. But pictures would be nice.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
OK I will try to put of some pic's. For now this is all that I have.
They are made out of 3" x 3/8 channel with 5/16 flat plate for the mounting ear's.
1/2 bolts hold it on to my quick hitch and Heavy Hitch bracket.
I will more pic's over the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
OK I will try to put of some pic's. For now this is all that I have.
They are made out of 3" x 3/8 channel with 5/16 flat plate for the mounting ear's.
1/2 bolts hold it on to my quick hitch and Heavy Hitch bracket.
I will more pic's over the weekend.
Another Pic,

Attachments

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Hey JKR, those look pretty handy.

I didn't clarify very well at the start, but the intention of this poll was started for loader forks to help decide on which length of tine to choose given the size of tractor.

Your participation is certainly welcome...but those forks could be the topic of a whole new thread all by themselves if you should so choose. It would be interesting to know what uses they were built to do and to see them in action. :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,768 Posts
Hey JKR, those look pretty handy.

I didn't clarify very well at the start, but the intention of this poll was started for loader forks to help decide on which length of tine to choose given the size of tractor.

Your participation is certainly welcome...but those forks could be the topic of a whole new thread all by themselves if you should so choose. It would be interesting to know what uses they were built to do and to see them in action. :good2:
x2 :munch:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I use 42 inch forks on both my FEL's. I use them for -

Moving 4x5' round bales
Stacking round bales
Ripping down overhead limbs
Demo work on old barns
Hauling big tree trunks
Pallet work
Hanging up a deer or hog for skinning
And last but not least, banging my head into them.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
So far I used then to pick up my mower deck. Move some rock around and loosen up some large rock that got in my way. .
I'm sure I will fine more use for them.

In a few weeks I will make if I can. A front weight bracket that will go off the side of the frame. It will be in front of each wheel. This way I can hang weight on then for winter plowing.
I just think the front of the 1025R will be ti light. If it don't work out that's OK. I gave it a try.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Which forks to get.

Man I have to quit asking questions, every time I do I find out I need something else. Now I need 24 inch forks.too:laugh:

·
Premium Member
11,426 Posts
Man I have to quit asking questions, every time I do I find out I need something else. Now I need 24 inch forks.too:laugh:
It's a shame Artillian quit making them.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts