Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unsure if I brought this up before, but it is getting close to the top of list. I currently store my forks under my rotary cutter. I pull them out by hand and hook them up to the tractor. I would like a place or way to store them that they could slide on the bottom of a shelf or someplace they do not take up floor space. My thought was to get some rectangular box tubing and attach it to the bottom of my shelving system at the rear of my barn.

My issue with that is putting them on and off the tractor. These days, I am changing them about 2 times a month. The summer time I change to them about 4 times a month.

Here is the best picture I can find of what my tractor side storage looks like in the summer.

My shelves are 4 feet deep and can easily hold the weight! 4x6 and 2x8 construction with a ton of support. I keep my snow push under there and put the rotary cutter under the snow push. I have thought about making another shelf to extend the current one out a few feet to allow me to put the fork on top of the shelf and also not have me reaching over to the rotary cutter as far. The farther out I bring the shelf, the less view I have under it while backing in the rotary cutter. I also lose floor space.

My tiller is back there also, but I have that on a dolly system so I can easliy roll that where needed without issue.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Hhhhhmmmmmm, lots of things to consider. :think:

It is quite the challenge to store and yet have things accessable for use. Would it help to store the forks vertical instead of horizontal?:unknown: Just an idea.

Reactions: LoneStranger

·
Administrator
18,298 Posts
My issue with that is putting them on and off the tractor. These days, I am changing them about 2 times a month. The summer time I change to them about 4 times a month.?
Why is this a issue? You could just undo the latches and lift them into the holder with the loader couldn't you?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its only an issue due to the possible force that could be applied downward upon removal. These "sleeves" would have to attach to 4 2x8's. So its only as strong as the wood its attached to. I would hate for anything to go wrong with my mx6 under it.

In theory, I think removing them mid air would be easy and not cause stress on the sleeves, but I have never done it. I always remove them on the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts