Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
18,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help guys...I'm helping develop a cool new product most will find handy

I need the approximate spacing (center to center) of various brands of forks. Artillian, Frontier, Titan, HLA, CID, Everything Attachments, and others.

Example, Here are my forks set at 22". From measuring the detents (notches in the top rail) it looks like I can set them at 10", 16", 22", 28" 34" and 40" if they are centered on the rail. Yes I can get different numbers (minus 3") if only one fork is moved but that is not what I need now please.

Pictures not needed, just brand and spacing numbers.

Thanks all :good2:

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
The fork notch spacing on my Titan fork frame is 3 7/8" evenly spaced all the way across the top rail.
So it's something like 3 7/8 - 11 3/4 - 19 1/2 - 27 1/2 - 35 1/2 - 43 …

G

Reactions: PJR832 and Kennyd

·
Administrator
18,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have Titans and they are approximately 10 1/2", 18 1/2", 26" and 34".
I have a 1025R.
The fork notch spacing on my Titan fork frame is 3 7/8" evenly spaced all the way across the top rail.
So it's something like 3 7/8 - 11 3/4 - 19 1/2 - 27 1/2 - 35 1/2 - 43 …

G
Odd that two Titans frames would have such different numbers :unknown:

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Kenny, I have Artillian which I assume will all be the same, but just for grins I checked mine and the measurements are the same as yours.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Ok, I have Titan's. The import ones, not the USA made ones, if that makes a difference. Mine have 6 notches on each side
of center. I measured from center of each notch to it's corresponding notch on the opposite side.

I got: 4, 11.75, 19.5, 27.25, 35, 42.5. I don't know if you could get both tines to fit on the 4 inch at the same time, I haven't tried it yet.

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
HLA Model HD20JD440540

Center to center on the frame notches

43.5"

36"

28"

23"

19"

15"

11"

There are a pair of notches in the very center of the frame which are 3.5" apart. You couldn't get the forks next to one another due to fork width, but the notches give you offset variables of other dimensions.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Odd that two Titans frames would have such different numbers :unknown:
Looking at the Titan website (palletforks.com). It looks like the USA frame has 5 notches per side, and the import has 6 per side. Maybe that is the difference?

·
Old Pa-pa
11,944 Posts
Frontier measured at the center of each notch:

4 3/4" - 14 1/4" - 23 3/4" - 33 1/2" - 42 3/4"

Notches all the way across, equal distant, measured center of notch to center of next notch = 4 3/4".

Each notch 5/8" wide, 1/2" deep.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
I will try to remember to measure my CID’s when I get to the house Tomm.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I’m off work till Monday or would measure one of the forklifts .i don’t think the spacing matters much we often move the forks. I work construction, often puttings like booms, dumpsters fork extensions on. Doesn’t seem like there is any standard on fork spacing. Seems like I need to move the forks for everything I pick up.:dunno:

·
Administrator
18,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’m off work till Monday or would measure one of the forklifts .i don’t think the spacing matters much we often move the forks. I work construction, often puttings like booms, dumpsters fork extensions on. Doesn’t seem like there is any standard on fork spacing. Seems like I need to move the forks for everything I pick up.:dunno:
I general, you are correct....it doesn't really matter, but for this project to be somewhat "universal" across various brands is does matter.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Import Titan.
I have 4 slots each side, which gives 4 positions.
Measured as Kenny did, I get roughly (as roughly as a former Engineer and drafter measures, which is to say fairly accurate):
10-1/2", 18-1/2", 26-1/4", 34"

I did not measure to the center of the forks, as they should be centered due to the locating pin being centered, I measured with the forks out of the way, from the center of each slot to the center of the opposing slot.

Now, I realized during posting this that someone else had 26" flat for the 3rd position, so maybe they can double check. After seeing that, I went out and measured it a couple times, in addition to the couple I did the first time.
If his frame is similar to mine with the bale spear tube, it can be hard to get the measurement from a centered position, if you are by yourself.

I too cant imagine two from the same manufacturer being different, China made or not. Their welds arent that great, but these pieces are not cut by hand, so there shouldnt be anywhere near that much variance.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Oh boy Kenny, you're going to give me another reason (not that I need one) to get forks for my Scut now if I can just find :gizmo: I'll be ready for your next item :bigthumb:

·
Registered
23 Posts
You aren't stealing my idea for pallet Sporks are you? :)

Need help guys...I'm helping develop a cool new product most will find handy

I need the approximate spacing (center to center) of various brands of forks. Artillian, Frontier, Titan, HLA, CID, Everything Attachments, and others.

Example, Here are my forks set at 22". From measuring the detents (notches in the top rail) it looks like I can set them at 10", 16", 22", 28" 34" and 40" if they are centered on the rail. Yes I can get different numbers (minus 3") if only one fork is moved but that is not what I need now please.

Pictures not needed, just brand and spacing numbers.

Thanks all :good2:

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
Some one needs to build a device with 2 wheels, base plate and lever to move it. Then have it able to move your heavy Pallet Fork to your Back Plate and angle it to lock it on the frame then back away. It is such a pain to put them on and off my Back Frame which is used to other stuff like move hay. My Pallet Forks are not light and are the JD 42" ones.

I am sure you have the JD Pallet Fork Spacing already?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Any interest in measurements off a Cat Forklift , 5000 lb cap.

I've got one in the shop if so.

Dan in Oregon

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Kenny,

Mine are the Artillian 2300 Lb Lift Capacity - Spacing is 10, 16, 22, 28, 34 and 40 inches.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts