Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a very capable set of HLA HD20JD, 440540 with 48 in tines. 2000lb rated. I am looking to down size into the AP10F, 42 in tine size. Titan, Frontier, HLA, etc. My HLAs weigh in at 350lb and are eating away at my 1025R lift capacity.
A long shot, but need to ask before I buy and sell.
Anyone in the New England area looking for bigger set of forks that has a smaller set to trade?
HB

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting idea. I suspect though, with Titan frame and my 48 in tines I am at 300 lbs.
Jester, let me keep looking. Trying to get between 220-250 lbs.

·
Registered
813 Posts
If it was me I'd fire up my Acetylene torch and make them 36" or whatever length I wanted, touch them up with a grinder and be happy about it.
Lynn

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
2,752 Posts
If it was me I'd fire up my Acetylene torch and make them 36" or whatever length I wanted, touch them up with a grinder and be happy about it.
Lynn
Not as easy as it sounds if you want to maintain the tapered tips. Also not sure if the heat from cutting might cause strength problems since they're usually heat treated.

Reactions: Gizmo2
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.