Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why on earth would anyone want forks on their tractor? Well, after nearly 3 years with my 1025r FILB, I finally figured it out and pulled the trigger.

20160502_115256.jpg

Does everyone get a butterscotch drop and a hand-written note to "REMOVE TAPE"?

20160502_114840.jpg

Looking ready for action with the FREE brick forks I got from a former neighbor here in the building.

20160502_182536.jpg

One more shot...

20160502_182614.jpg

Thanks to the fine folks at Artillian!

·
Premium Member
10,163 Posts
Why on earth would anyone want forks on their tractor? Well, after nearly 3 years with my 1025r FILB, I finally figured it out and pulled the trigger.

Welcome to the club

Got the butterscotch drop, no note. Maybe it was packed a different way.

Looking ready for action with the FREE brick forks I got from a former neighbor here in the building.

Looking Good

Congrats on your new forking toys!

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Its about forking time you got them.:laugh::lol::good2:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You will like the forks. They work well with spaghetti. Now you need the spoon for the back.:laugh:
attachment.jpg

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind've like Staples "easy" button.

I own a small automotive repair shop (3 full-time employees and myself) and let me tell ya", wrestling a couple of 55 gallon drums of oil (5w20 and 15w40) this week was incredibly easy with the forks. Not to mention using them to take 10 junk tires at a time out to waste tire stack, instead of 4 or 5 in the loader. I also used the forks to unload an engine from a delivery truck and pull up some damaged landscaping timbers in the parking lot. I bought this tractor to use around my (very) small farm (2 ponies, a horse and half a dozen barn cats), but I may just have to buy another tractor for home because I'm finding it to be an incredible "back-saver" at the shop,, after this one is paid off, of course. My employees tease me about the amount of time I trailer it back and forth (23 miles, one-way). One of my technicians actually described it as being in the "upper echelon" of traveling tractors. I had to laugh. I think that, inside, I grin every time I hop on the 1025. I've had much larger tractors, but have found this one to be be just my size and the forks to be an invaluable asset in the one week that I've had them.

·
Registered
913 Posts

View attachment 173330

View attachment 173322

View attachment 173338

One more shot...

View attachment 173346

The very first thing I bought after getting my 1025r was Titan pallet forks. Now I can unload and move all the other tractor parts and implements I order without depending on a lift-gate delivery truck and the cooperation of the freight driver. So far, I'm finding the pallet forks getting more use than the FEL bucket. They made it easy to move fence posts, sections of tree trunks, multiple bags of shavings and feed (the Piranha tooth bar is great for digging, but if I'm not careful loading bags into the bucket, they will slice one open in a heartbeat, and a small slip will do the same to an arm or leg.

And how about this for a catch-22? "Sir, you'll need pallet forks to unload the pallet forks you ordered from our delivery truck."

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
The very first thing I bought after getting my 1025r was Titan pallet forks. Now I can unload and move all the other tractor parts and implements I order without depending on a lift-gate delivery truck and the cooperation of the freight driver. So far, I'm finding the pallet forks getting more use than the FEL bucket. They made it easy to move fence posts, sections of tree trunks, multiple bags of shavings and feed (the Piranha tooth bar is great for digging, but if I'm not careful loading bags into the bucket, they will slice one open in a heartbeat, and a small slip will do the same to an arm or leg.

And how about this for a catch-22? "Sir, you'll need pallet forks to unload the pallet forks you ordered from our delivery truck."
same here. i love my forks- like you said, they get more use than the bucket!:thumbup1gif:

i found that so ironic. :lol:

myasis dragon, did you get regular tines with the frame or did you just use your own?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, so I'm a hoarder.

johnh123, As much as I like to spend money on things for my green machine, I did not get forks/tines from Artillian. The ones I'm using, seen in the pictures, are the only ones I have, so far. With them being so skinny, I feel like there will be jobs that they'll do that the wider forks couldn't accomplish, let alone the weight reduction/greater load lift capacity. I researched the part numbers on them and was able to determine who the manufacturer was and their website had all the technical data on them. They'll lift way more than the tractor will ever be able to hoist. I suppose there will be times a where a wider fork would be nice, but for free, you just can't beat them.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55
1 - 9 of 9 Posts