Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slowly getting everything I need. Going to try and build my front pallet forks soon.
Buddy had a truck rack sitting around that he just gave me. Not the heaviest, but should be plenty strong enough for the 1025r. The best thing is that the ladder rack is pretty much the exact size I need. Length, height, and the bars going up and down are exactly where they need to be for the FEL quick attach
I need a few more items and I'll be ready to put together and weld it up.

Forks- $60 off let go
Truck ladder rack- $free
Other scrap metal from friends- $free

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
:munch::munch: We will be watching.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the specs on that rack? In the photos it looks much too light to be used as a fork frame.
It is pretty thin. It's only 1/8" tubing 1 1/2 x 1 1/2. But I plan on going across the top & the bottom with 4" x 3/8 or 1/2 plate for the forks to slide on. And then the same plate on the back for the quick attach. I believe it will be pretty strong & fine for the 1025. If not I'll I'll make it into something else. I have some stronger and heavier metal. Just the frames I have there or exactly what I need to just weld it up now. No cutting or anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
I look forward to watching this project. Especially how you do the quick attach. Will you be able to weigh it?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I look forward to watching this project. Especially how you do the quick attach. Will you be able to weigh it?
I did not have a way to weight but since you made this post I may be able to get close. I'll will try my best to weight each piece before I install with a regular house scale.

The quick attach will be fun. I've welded a few years in a ship yard but never did any fitting. I'm still working on ideas. I don't know if I have the means or how to get the rolled metal for the top quick attach so it may be square. Or square with small pieces on the inside corners to be more octagon shaped.

I've been crazy busy with work for two weeks and grass is 2' tall lol so the project is getting held up. I'm still gathering ideas and hoping to start within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
When I built mine for my 2305 I bought the mounting plates from Artillian. I had looked into buying the pins and top hooks, figured out a couple ways to make them myself, but the time and cost saved were worth it to buy the plates. Since they are the top hook and pin on a plate, the only spacing you have to worry about is side to side. Made it quick and easy. My frame was made with tube steel otherwise, and I ran one vertically to stiffen that plate up and it worked great.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I built mine for my 2305 I bought the mounting plates from Artillian. I had looked into buying the pins and top hooks, figured out a couple ways to make them myself, but the time and cost saved were worth it to buy the plates. Since they are the top hook and pin on a plate, the only spacing you have to worry about is side to side. Made it quick and easy. My frame was made with tube steel otherwise, and I ran one vertically to stiffen that plate up and it worked great.
I'll have to check that out. Got any pictures?
Work should be slowing down so I'm hoping to have all info gathered up and start sokn

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'll have to check that out. Got any pictures?
Work should be slowing down so I'm hoping to have all info gathered up and start sokn
There are pics of the bases on the Artillian site. For Your JDQA Projects

I'll have to look and see if I have any pic of the ones I built.

EDIT: Found one. Mine were made to use the clamp on forks I had, but hated on the bucket. They worked much better like this. I built the back angle of mine to match the bucket, so the level indicator would work.
z4B_4Y8H7aUDT44Lapv2mEWZYnYM_5PNT1Hcuj4GTlUpX92IB.jpg

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are pics of the bases on the Artillian site. For Your JDQA Projects

I'll have to look and see if I have any pic of the ones I built.

EDIT: Found one. Mine were made to use the clamp on forks I had, but hated on the bucket. They worked much better like this. I built the back angle of mine to match the bucket, so the level indicator would work.
View attachment 388514
Thanks for the pics and links. Looks nice. Can't wait till I have a set!

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
:munch::munch::munch:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got lucky and found this at my dads shop. It measure ps 16" x 4
54" as it sits. Heading back over there today or tomorrow at some point to grab the portable bandsaw with stand. And hopefully start soon in the evenings

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Huge step today! Got setup lol.
Threw around a few things and took some measurements so I can think and get ideas while I'm out. Going to grab lunch with the wife, grab a few things needed for the build. If nothing comes up I'll be starting this evening.

This build wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't for getting the offset to keep the forks lvl with the level indicator and that won't be hard. Just take a few extra minutes. And I dont build things. I've welded before but never actually sat down and cut and weld and made something useful :lolol:

It will have a plate system on the front also to use for other things. First to come to mind is a garbage can hauler. I'm tired of pulling the can like 80' one way :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a little progress today.

Got the top run welded up with pieces where the forks will lock into the notches if need be.
Bottom run is tacked up ready to weld some time tomorrow.
Overall frame will be 50" x 15"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Finally wrapped up for the day and still got invoicing to do.

All I have to do is figure out the best way to get the angle I need to keep the forks lvl with the lvl indicator. The 2x2 in the second picture is 4 1/2". I didn't realize I needed that much angle. Gonna sleep on ideas to keep it angled like it needs to be.
I'm going to try and actually make it removable incase I need to angle down into the ground more.

Third picture is just trying to get some ideas in my head before I came in. I do my best thinking when I wake up in the morning.

I also have to paint it. I have some John Deere green and yellow spray paint somewhere

Attachments

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
From one of the members(wilkinsondom) here.

View attachment 404802

Thank you sir. I don't know if I have the means to cut a piece at an angle like that. I'm limited to more straight cuts. Well I do have a grinder with a cut off wheel. That just seems forever. And I'll have to go buy material for it.
Think I just got another idea. I'm trying to build my wife's mud bench before I go back out to the forks before I get in trouble lol

I don't think there is a pallet fork build on this site that I haven't seen and read through lol

·
Registered
593 Posts
Look at how I did mine above, if you haven't welded your frame out. You'll lose some reach with your forks for taller objects, but I put the angle towards the forks and not towards the loader.

I think that makes sense in my head. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts