Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2720 has been begging for a new attachment....

IMG_3618.jpg

So I finally broke down, called Chris at Artillian, and got my credit card out. Chris was a real pleasure to talk to, even though we know each other through this forum. :lol: I later placed my order on his website Artillian.com and ordered the JDQA carrier and some 42" forks. I wanted to get the Cascade forks, but the weight and size difference made the standard forks more desirable for me. Chris contacted me later to make sure my order was correct. He stated I had ordered the 4" fork dollies but had the 3" forks on order. I had to explain that I have other 4" forks here already that may get used in other projects so I didn't want to be limited with only the smaller dollies. His attention to detail even when processing an order was well appreciated, could've been a mistake on my part.

I received my order within a very timely manner. This is how it showed up. The box the carrier was in had a slight rip in the side, but no internal damage or even a scratch was noted on the carrier.

IMG_3615.JPG image(2).jpg

Unpacking and installing them is really straight forward. The owner's manual and receipt was also in the box. I'm very impressed with the fit and finish of the entire assembly. Even the 'lawyer stickers' looked very good. they were well placed, easily read, and not so gawdy that I wanted to remove them. The welds are top notch and the powder coat is downright perfect. You'd swear this is something that could've came from JD's showroom.:good2:

image.jpg image(1).jpg IMG_3621.jpg

I used them today for exactly what I need forks around here for. Forks are the exact reason why I have a loader. Having a bucket is just a nice side benefit. I broke down the parts tractor, an old JD model 60, and removed all the parts I needed. This couldn't have been done any other way nearly as efficiently. Forks are a real 'must have' here at my place.:laugh:

IMG_3631.jpg IMG_3632.jpg IMG_3633.jpg IMG_3634.jpg IMG_3635.jpg

Well now my new forks are all scratched up, but well broken in. I look forward to many years of service out of these forks.:thumbup1gif: I just wish I would've sold my home-built ones much earlier. :lol: I had loaned them out to a friend of mine who has had them for about 8 months now. I couldn't stand it anymore. That's why I called Chris.

Now I get to look forward to all the other accessories I can get for my Artillian fork carrier. :drinks:

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
I like the "Made in USA" sticker. That's pride. Someday soon, I hope to join you in the "forks" club.

Dave

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the "Made in USA" sticker. That's pride. Someday soon, I hope to join you in the "forks" club.

Dave
I'm particularly fond of that sticker too. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I later placed my order on his website Artillian.com and ordered the JDQA carrier and some 42" forks.
I'm pretty irritated at you right now, for two reasons.

One: Artillian forks are available for your loader. As of now, Chris doesn't offer anything for the JD Global attachment system. Not your fault I can't buy an awesome attachment, but I'm still going to blame you. :lol:

Two: You oughta called me! New forks and old tractors are a great excuse to come over. :drinks:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Congrats Jason! May they serve you well for years to come! Hopefully someday I'll have a set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
Congrats Jason, welcome to the elite club:thumbup1gif:

·
Administrator
17,980 Posts
I'm pretty irritated at you right now, for two reasons.

One: Artillian forks are available for your loader. As of now, Chris doesn't offer anything for the JD Global attachment system. Not your fault I can't buy an awesome attachment, but I'm still going to blame you. :lol:

Two: You oughta called me! New forks and old tractors are a great excuse to come over. :drinks:
He's selfish like that sometimes, keeps all the fun to himself:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
:lol::good2:
Washing machine on order?

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Not yet. :lol::lol::lol:
You better be careful, if babycakes gets wind of,,, "Now I get to look forward to all the other accessories I can get for my Artillian fork carrier.",,, you'll be getting the matching dryer.

·
Administrator
20,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You better be careful, if babycakes gets wind of,,, "Now I get to look forward to all the other accessories I can get for my Artillian fork carrier.",,, you'll be getting the matching dryer.
A dryer for a grapple, fire rake, hitch adapter........QH adapter........more forks.............and the list gets longer all the time. A dryer seems to be a good trade to me.:thumbup1gif:

Besides, the better half isn't terribly motivated or worried about "tit for tat." I guess I'm lucky, in more than one way.:yahoo:

And don't let 56FordGuy fool you. He was definitely notified and he's always invited. He chose to ignore. :dunno:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
Besides, the better half isn't terribly motivated or worried about "tit for tat." I guess I'm lucky, in more than one way.
Same here but it does come up just for fun..............I hope.:lol:

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
. . . The welds are top notch and the powder coat is downright perfect. You'd swear this is something that could've came from JD's showroom.
IMHO, the welds and finish from Artillian greatly exceed the finish on ANYTHING JD has in their showroom. :good2:

BTW, congrats on finally getting a decent set of forks. You're gonna' enjoy them . . . :usa

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Thanks for the review/commentary Jason!

There's something very gratifying about seeing these forks offering a helping hand to a vintage John Deere tractor in need of a little help :hi:, not meaning to be too :treehugger:.

Did everything fit your loader ok? Let me know if you need a picture of some shims. :lol: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Looking forward to one day ordering some forks from Artillian. Wife's already not happy with the amount if things I've picked up for the other Dear... Maybe I'll wait till our anniversary. ;)

Jim

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,475 Posts
I'm still liking that grille rgd.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
They sure came in handy this last weekend. I moved some box blinds around at our deer lease, downed trees, etc. The one in this pic was moved about 4 miles down the highway.
RGD,

I see that's one of the original frames. If you want to touch up those rails, I can send you something for that. Of course, I'd rather be sending you one of the new frames...

Anyway, good to see it's still hanging in there. Nice addition with the D-rings.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
RGD,

I see that's one of the original frames. If you want to touch up those rails, I can send you something for that. Of course, I'd rather be sending you one of the new frames...

Anyway, good to see it's still hanging in there. Nice addition with the D-rings.
Thanks Chris! I would love to have the newest version. I am listing mine on craigslist tonight.
Reason....as you saw in my pic,the d-rings. Although very handy, its going to mess me up with sliding on,from the side, your other options that I'm wanting to get. I also like the chain slot you've integrated and would solve my need for the d-rings.
I usually keep the fork rust free and coated with candlewax (tip you've given in the past). but they got left outside a couple of weeks ago during a big storm. I felt bad....so I cleaned'em up :lol:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts