Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got someone nearby getting set up with a set of forks and a grapple setup for a Bobcat. While using our R&D grapple to work out the details on the hose kit for the Bobcat, we took it as an opportunity to use it as a learning tool and put some more torture on the test unit. We've got some cool video and will put it up here when it's finished editing. In the meantime, here are a few snapshots.

First is a photo of their old fork frame on its way out. The last photo was the only photo taken while working. We took the two rakes off so the grapple could get a better bite into a pile of boulders. The video will show this much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I have personally seen many skid steers beat up various attachments. They seem especially good and especially efficient at it-if your grapple can hold its own against a skid steer I would consider it pretty much the ultimate test and validation-Good luck!

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have personally seen many skid steers beat up various attachments. They seem especially good and especially efficient at it-if your grapple can hold its own against a skid steer I would consider it pretty much the ultimate test and validation-Good luck!
Here's a small preview.

·
Premium Member
12,183 Posts
Do you find that the "fangs" get in the way when handling boulders compared to the bare grapple jaw? I can see where the fang would be an advantage when handling something like logs.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you find that the "fangs" get in the way when handling boulders compared to the bare grapple jaw? I can see where the fang would be an advantage when handling something like logs.
I thought the video shows this pretty clearly but the fangs not only don't hinder, they seem to help. They don't get in the way for the big ones and offer more points of contact for the smaller ones.

Still, if someone wants to remove them, it's 4 bolts. But so far, once they are on, there hasn't been a reason to take them off.

Hopefully others that have been using them will comment.

·
Administrator
17,973 Posts
That is one great looking Bobcat! He can sure operate it well too!

Oh, and the grapple is nice as well :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts