Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of questions recently about what could be done with forks other than to move pallets.
We recently worked a project where we used the forks in several different ways.

After seeing this, even stingy Levi :mocking: is thinking about sheling out the :gizmo: to buy forks!

Hope you enjoy...and don't forget to subscribe over on youtube so that you can see the next episodes.
I've been doing a lot of work in this particular yard.

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
good video

:thumbup1gif: I knew u was hollywood bound-ha!!! that video u shot is great way to show other tractor guys just how much u can do with a GOOD SET OF FORKS :good2: they didn't bend or break prying on them either. and i've been subbed since ur first video-10/4 :laugh: keep them coming.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Great video,,, but,,,, I am scared to death to stick my forks into the dirt,,, :flag_of_truce:

I do seem to use the forks for most anything above ground,,, though,,,,

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
Great video,,, but,,,, I am scared to death to stick my forks into the dirt,,, :flag_of_truce:

I do seem to use the forks for most anything above ground,,, though,,,,

why are u afraid to stick ur forks in the ground:munch: and u sure love to use ur rope-don't u:laugh:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
why are u afraid to stick ur forks in the ground:munch: and u sure love to use ur rope-don't u:laugh:
I built a set of tines out of 1.50" solid steel bar,,, 36" long,,,
trying to rip out some small roots (under 2") I bent the cold rolled steel like wet noodles,,,,

The forks are 48" long,,, and there are only 2 of them,,, how soon would they bend??

My ropes do not scrub rust onto what I lift,,,, :laugh:

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
trying to rip out some small roots (under 2") I bent the cold rolled steel like wet noodles,,,,

The forks are 48" long,,, and there are only 2 of them,,, how soon would they bend?? :dunno: don't know

yeah-i know-but i like ur ropes, and like to jab u :hornets:a little :lol:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
yeah-i know-but i like ur ropes, and like to jab u :hornets:a little :lol:
I gotta do something with all that knot tying knowledge the US Navy gave me,,,, :lolol:

·
Administrator
17,954 Posts
Another great episode Tim (and family) :good2:

Oh, and those are fantastic shirts your wearing in the intro too I might add :lolol:

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have dug holes with my forks. Put them together and they act like a couple 36" long spades. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Another great episode Tim (and family) :good2:

Oh, and those are fantastic shirts your wearing in the intro too I might add :lolol:
You noticed! Wait for "episode #3" of this series...you'll see more of those shirts, and some KBOGH action.

(Did you notice the diff lock pedal action in this one)?

Tim

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
After seeing this, even stingy Levi :mocking: is thinking about sheling out the :gizmo: to buy forks!
Hey, I resemble that remark. :laugh: I'm still looking for that money tree Gizmo is hiding. He's good at hiding things. :munch: :laugh: I keep following him around but that chair and beer doesn't get to far away from him. :banghead:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The forks are 48" long,,, and there are only 2 of them,,, how soon would they bend??

CAD,

I suspect your tractor has LOTS more break-out force than the little 1-series.

I could be wrong, but even being as rough as I could be on the tines and Artillian frame, I don't think I was close to causing harm to the forks.
As you could probably tell in the video, I was NOT trying to be careful with them. Sometimes hard to know if you're being too rough until you break something.

Tim

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Great use of the chain hooks, Tim. And by the looks of the size of the yard, it looks like the 1000 series tractor is the perfect sized machine for the job. Your neighbor looks very happy to have you around!

And, it's always a pleasure to have your professional video narrator on the payroll...

·
Registered
121 Posts
I built myself a set of forks about a year ago and they are great they are used more than the bucket and I still have not picked up a pallet with them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
Great Thread

Great Thread Tim,

I enjoy your You-Tube videos. I wouldn't dream of being without my Artillian Forks. Like many others, I struggled with the price, but NEVER a moment of buyers remorse. They are a superb product and worth every dime. If I had weakened and purchased heavy Chinese forks, it would have been the worst possible decision. “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Keep up the good work Tim, and thank your wife and daughter for their video work!

Jim N.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And by the looks of the size of the yard, it looks like the 1000 series tractor is the perfect sized machine for the job.
I've experienced that a lot already. I've been in several small areas where anything larger than a 1-series would really have trouble maneuvering.
That combined with my propensity to back over/into things would not be a good combination.

BTW, Your forks are awesome.

My question is, why do we call what we eat with a 'fork', but we call what we mount to the loader "forks"??? :dunno:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,265 Posts
I've experienced that a lot already. I've been in several small areas where anything larger than a 1-series would really have trouble maneuvering.
That combined with my propensity to back over/into things would not be a good combination.

BTW, Your forks are awesome.

My question is, why do we call what we eat with a 'fork', but we call what we mount to the loader "forks"??? :dunno:
Go to a high class dinner and they give you 2, then it's called forks. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Here's a pic of one of the first things I used my forks for....

BigLog2.jpg

I have a "Thumb" grapple on my bucket that I've used to move logs and parts of utility poles. The only problem is that it puts the weight way out in front of the pivot point on the FEL. I couldn't lift this log with the bucket/thumb combo. With the forks it was no problem.

In the next couple of weeks I'm planning on doing a couple of things:
1) Ordering a set of 24" forks from Artillian to use for digging.
2) Building a "workbench skid" that I can use to put things like my Gravely and my Ariens rear tine tiller on so I can lift them to a comfortable working height. My 53 year old back and desk-jockey body protests a little too much when I'm down at ground level working on these things. :flag_of_truce:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts