Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
22,927 Posts
Have you searched at all Chuck? This is one of the most discussed topics on the forum.

·
Registered
JD 2038R, 220R Loader, AP10 Forks
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you searched at all Chuck? This is one of the most discussed topics on the forum.
I've read some posts about pallet forks! Still learning to navigate GTT and was hoping to hear why someone chose one brand over another. It appears that the 42” is the most popular.....

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I've read some posts about pallet forks! Still learning to navigate GTT and was hoping to hear why someone chose one brand over another. It appears that the 42” is the most popular.....
I chose Frontier AP10f forks because my dealer gave me a decent price, they are the second lightest behind Artillian, and I didn't have to pay shipping or drive far to pick them up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
42" is the industry standard. 80% engagement in a standard 48" pallet. If you aren't moving pallets the short ones are better.

·
Registered
2038R, X590
242 Posts
Don't get bummed, Chuck. We were all new to forums at one time... this is a good place for people to help each other; sometimes it just takes a little patience (for both the poster and those responding).

I have AP10 forks because I was brand new to the tractor world and didn't really have any idea about aftermarket options at the time. And I tend to prefer OEM stuff anyway, unless there is a big price difference or other major reason the others are better. Artillians seem to be popular here, but hey, forks are about as simple a thing as you can get for these machines, so just pick what you like.
I chose 42" forks because it's long enough for all my needs, including pallets... and I figure the longer they are, the more likely I am eventually going to spear the side of my truck or garage on accident.

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
I chose Frontier AP10f forks because my dealer gave me a decent price, they are the second lightest behind Artillian, and I didn't have to pay shipping or drive far to pick them up.
The exact same reason I got mine. 42” Frontier AP10F.
Now, if you don’t care about the price, I hear the very best in most members opinion and experience is the Artillian forks. I think these come with a 2” receiver hitch built in and a “headache rack” which is an upper guard that helps against roll backs.
The AP10F does not have either but is suitable for any job the 1025R needs it for and not a bad choice for the frugal buyer

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Please just remove the post, I don’t want to waste people’s time....
Chuck, Kenny's post wasn't directed to you with malice.

Pallet fork discussions on here are like a Ford/Chevy/Dodge is best thread... and someone jumps in and says TOYOTA! Only with pallet forks it's another T word. :D

If you look at the fork threads you'll see where the discussion invariably goes.

Anyway, I'll say I just got a set of 42" Frontier AP10F forks for my 1025r because they were light and available locally. The 3" tines is fine for my work.

There are other brands that are better quality or heavier duty... and then there are other brands that are cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,784 Posts
The exact same reason I got mine. 42” Frontier AP10F.
Now, if you don’t care about the price, I hear the very best in most members opinion and experience is the Artillian forks. I think these come with a 2” receiver hitch built in and a “headache rack” which is an upper guard that helps against roll backs.
The AP10F does not have either but is suitable for any job the 1025R needs it for and not a bad choice for the frugal buyer
Frugal buyer, who still wants a quality product that will fit, have customer support post sale, parts available in a year or 20 from now and will work because they were engineered to fit that machine.

ChuckNH, If you want the absolute cheapest with "Free Shipping", just know that it comes with the following;

• NO Post sale customer support
  • No parts for repair or service (not that pallet forks have many repairs but other implements do)
  • Unknown quality of steel from unknown source
  • Inconsistent quality, in fact its been reported countless times of the implement not being made to fit the John Deere FEL Mounting system.
  • Usually little to no packaging so the parts look like they have traveled half way around the globe in a container....because they did.
  • No proprietary engineering or design, instead, they are built using the designs and work of others without their permission.

There is a mountain of information on pallet forks on this site. Here is what a basic search finds....

In the last 12 months alone, searching ONLY titles of the threads, there are 425 results for "Pallet Forks". This is why some of the members get a little "frothy" when the same subjects come up over and over...............

·
Premium Member
1025r with Mauser cab.
14,784 Posts
When we see the title, some of us can't help but say to ourselves, "No Forking Way.......another Pallet Forks Brand / Size Discussion"..... o_O

·
Registered
2015 5045e
247 Posts
It's all good Chuck, I made a post a couple days ago and was told to RTFM 😂

Just to add to the chaos, might look on craigslist for some used ones to save some cash. Also depending on where you live there might be a manufacturer locally. Price seems to go way up on really heavy things when you need to ship them. Make sure you know how to use them before you get close to your truck!

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I have Titan 42" with backrest. always on my loader. I have only used the bucket once.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I've got a set of 36 in Titans that I've been very happy with. I made the uprights for it.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Does anyone know the weight for the 53" Bucket for the H120 Loader? I am trying to decide on a Pallet Fork Setup and want to see how much of my lift capacity I will gain or loss.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
1,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,728 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.