Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at artillian forks will cost almost 1000 shipped and I can buy titan for less than 500 shipped am I missing something I'm not going to put my plow on the fork frame so that doesn't matter any other reason to spend 500 extra on forks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I purchased Titan 42" forks and a 3pt reciever for my 1025R. The forks are heavy and a little crude but they fit the H120 loader mounts and i have had no problem. I don't plan on using them much and could not justify the additional cost. I have used them three times since July in fact the only times i have used my endloader, most of the time its off the tractor with the forks on it with the bucket sitting on the forks. If i was younger i might have gone with Artillian i think they are more versatile and better designed

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I think you have to weigh use. I could of purchased several much lower cost options for my snow pusher but I knew it would get allot of hard use for many years so I went with CTA. The thing is a Sherman tank and I know I can get the wear parts. (Rubber edge, and HDPE side floats).

I need forks and am debating. I only expect to use a couple of times a year to move pallets around with softener salt and landscaping supplies. But what if I use it more?

Still debating in my mind. And I have a Ferris zero turn to buy first.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
i also bought the CTA blade they are the best.:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
23,057 Posts
I think you have to weigh use. I could of purchased several much lower cost options for my snow pusher but I knew it would get allot of hard use for many years so I went with CTA. The thing is a Sherman tank and I know I can get the wear parts. (Rubber edge, and HDPE side floats).

I need forks and am debating. I only expect to use a couple of times a year to move pallets around with softener salt and landscaping supplies. But what if I use it more?

Still debating in my mind. And I have a Ferris zero turn to buy first.
You'll use them - trust me. Everyone told me that once you have forks you will rarely use your bucket - they were right. My tractor is parked with the forks always on. I think I used my bucket twice last spring/summer/fall.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I looked at artillian forks will cost almost 1000 shipped and I can buy titan for less than 500 shipped am I missing something I'm not going to put my plow on the fork frame so that doesn't matter any other reason to spend 500 extra on forks

Hi,

Unfortunately this is the equivalent of comparing hand tools from Harbor Freight to something like Snap-On. For a fair comparison, please quote other brands supplied by your John Deere dealer or some of the other quality US made brands, of which there are several.

Titan used to source their products from a Chinese company named AMI Global, however it seems AMI Global has ceased to exist or, more likely, followed suit by changing its name to something else once the reputation of its former name suffered.

For some food for thought on buying imported structural products, check out this video as an example.

We care about your safety!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Titans are fine if you don't have a bunch to spend. yeah sure the paint will wear off and scratch faster, and they are non-expandable like artillians, but for a cheap set of entry-level forks, I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,

Unfortunately this is the equivalent of comparing hand tools from Harbor Freight to something like Snap-On. For a fair comparison, please quote other brands supplied by your John Deere dealer or some of the other quality US made brands, of which there are several.

Titan used to source their products from a Chinese company named AMI Global, however it seems AMI Global has ceased to exist or, more likely, followed suit by changing its name to something else once the reputation of its former name suffered.

For some food for thought on buying imported structural products, check out this video as an example.

We care about your safety!
I get what your saying I have a 1025r I'm sure any forks on the market will hold up to what those hydraulics will lift

·
Registered
401 Posts

I am with you about the price. It all comes down to how you were going us them. I have a set of Titan 60 inch forks that I purchased during Black Friday sale. I have had the back tires off the ground using them to haul out fire wood. Pushing brush together was a breeze , plus a lot more uses. I would say you will not be disappointed with the Titan's.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
I'm not going to get into which fork set is better but I will say this...

If an implement (doesn't matter what implement) is rated for a 5000 lb lift capacity and bends, breaks or twists at 4500 lbs who's to say it won't deform, bend, break or twist at 4000 lbs or worse...500 lbs. The rating is meaningless and is probably just a made up number not a true rating.

Many years ago I bought all kinds of snowmobile jackets and other clothes and boots because I didn't want to spend the BIG money on the Polaris brand. I may as well flushed my money down the toilet that I spent on the off brand with the same rating.

Sometimes (maybe most of the time) it's way more affordable to spend money on something,,,,,one time.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I'm not going to get into which fork set is better but I will say this...

If an implement (doesn't matter what implement) is rated for a 5000 lb lift capacity and bends, breaks or twists at 4500 lbs who's to say it won't deform, bend, break or twist at 4000 lbs or worse...500 lbs. The rating is meaningless and is probably just a made up number not a true rating.

Many years ago I bought all kinds of snowmobile jackets and other clothes and boots because I didn't want to spend the BIG money on the Polaris brand. I may as well flushed my money down the toilet that I spent on the off brand with the same rating.

Sometimes (maybe most of the time) it's way more affordable to spend money on something,,,,,one time.
WOW! Now that was very well said. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Post got deleted so ill rewrite it,

My titans are great! I have modified them for what i need and with mods and purchase price i have about $300 into them. I would recommend them. They work great for what I do and need.
Dont take it the wrong way though. I am not saying the Titans are better than the Artillian forks. I am sure that they are NOT. But, they are great for what "I" need and do with them.

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you're gonna look at Titan, then you might want to check these out.
Artillian has much more add ons and is a fantastic product.
These are USA made and come with free shipping. The weight also compares
with the Artillians.

Small Compact Tractor and Mini Skid Steer Pallet Forks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts