Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden my forward pedal is about 2” lower than reverse pedal. Fully depressed it doesn’t seam to have the speed it did. Damper appears to be functioning properly. No missing hardware that I can see. Any thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Not sure if it is the same on the 1 Series but look where the pedal attaches to the linkage. On the X it uses a couple bolts that have oval bolt holes where the pedal mounts to the linkage. The oval holes allow adjustment of the pedals before tightening them. It is possible they slipped if the design is the same.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
All of a sudden my forward pedal is about 2” lower than reverse pedal. Fully depressed it doesn’t seam to have the speed it did. Damper appears to be functioning properly. No missing hardware that I can see. Any thoughts? Thanks
Also check for obstruction under the pedal arm. I had that happen to me once.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also check for obstruction under the pedal arm. I had that happen to me once.
This. Happened to me as well. Had me scratching my head for a few moments... :dunno:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi nhrc1
I had a similar thing happen to 1025R, the reverse pedal was higher than the forward pedal. I couldn't find any mechanical reason for it, so I adjusted the length of the linkage that goes from the pedal mechanism and the hydrostatic drive (trans axle) it is easy. You disconnect the shaft at the transaxle and screw it in or out till the pedals are even again, checking by reconnecting the shaft. I did this a couple of months ago, all has been right since:good2:
regards John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No obstructions nothing loose or missing. This bushing? seams a little sloppy when moving the forward pedal, not as much when the reverse pedal is moved. Just pulling up on the forward pedal enough to take up the slop without make other pedal go down the two pedals are a lot closer in height.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
I bought my 1026R used. I recall that more than once I wondered why the forward pedal was lower than the reverse. I never did come up with a reason. :unknown:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try adjusting the rod to even out the pedals. Just would like to know how it changed during one work session.

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I’ll try adjusting the rod to even out the pedals. Just would like to know how it changed during one work session.
How many hours are on your machine?

·
Premium Member
8,856 Posts
Make sure nothing has changed or is loose at the Swash plate, which is the very rear of the control levers and it is the "V" shaped control arm which is directly attached to the rear case.

Also, see if you can lift the reverse pedal and raise the forward pedal. If you have lost forward speed, there is likely something either loose or shifted which prohibits the full movement of the swash plate.

When the shock absorber goes bad, the pedals usually get real squishy and they don't respond properly, sort of like stepping on a piece of fruit, its just flat.

Here is the link to the parts schematic pictured below.....

John Deere Parts Catalog

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
My forward pedal has always been a little lower than the reverse on my 2012. I thought it was intentional to help distinguish between the two with my foot without looking, at least that is how I use it. :dunno:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sully Bear
Thanks for the reply. If you are referring to #17 in diagram it all appears ok to me nothing loose or missing. It looks like it has equal amount of travel forward and reverse. Want test ride again to make sure there was a reduction in speed, or was I focused on the pedal travel and did not have throttle wide open. I’m not sure what you mean by lift reverse pedal and raise forward pedal. If I depress reverse pedal a little the pedals even out. I may just adjust linkage like John 54 suggested. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update
I adjusted the linkage as suggested, it evened the pedals out but I did not get full travel of the linkage at the transaxle. Set the linkage to factory specs per service manual, adjusted pedal stops. Forward pedal still about an inch lower than reverse pedal. Looking at the bearings on pivot shaft(sloppy in my opinion) and wondering if I can pull the pedal assembly out as an assembly to change bearings?
Machine has 175 hours on it I missed that question in one of the previous posts.

Anyone change these bearings?
Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
There is no load on those bearings so I can't imagine they would need to be replaced after 175 hours. This is very odd.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts