Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the striping? I have seen it done in certain locations, and always wondered, "why"? Now I have someone that I can ask. :thumbup1gif:

Neat that you found a use for the old springs!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,080 Posts
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the striping? I have seen it done in certain locations, and always wondered, "why"? Now I have someone that I can ask. :thumbup1gif:
Can't play baseball without them! :lol:

·
Registered
709 Posts
I cannot stripe my lawn. You have got to mow in straight lines to make it look good and that is not me. I am too easily distracted by everything in the world and when I come back to reality I am way off line with my mowing. Striping the lawn would let everyone know how easily I am distracted. They may have free reign to rob my house by just releasing a squirrel in my yard and I wouldn't even know it. :laugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
How about a close up of the dolly under your loader in the background of your picture? I'm trying to decide how to build one, and yours looks good!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Coming from a simplicity I was also missing that roller, not so much for striping as for anti-scalping. The striping was just a bonus. So how'd ya do that?

·
Registered
489 Posts
The homeowner usually will stripe for looks as it adds no change to the direction of the grass growing. The propose on a golf course is to keep the grass from growing in a certian direction. Based on the type of grass and the fact that the mowers are reel mowers with rollers, over time the grass will bend and grow flat along the ground. This causes issues with the movement of the balls, especially on the green.
We would change directions on a daily basis for mowing tee boxes, fairways and greens.
It is now in my blood to stripe my lawn.

Neat that you found a use for the old springs!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
The forum does not "host" videos. You have to upload them onto another site, such as youtube, and then imbed the link to them in a post.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts